• Advertisement

Whats a trophy?

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Whats a trophy?

Postby nobucks » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:31 pm

I think a trophy deer is in the eyes of the person that takes the deer.A trophy could be that first doe for a child or that first deer with a bow or gun.I think we get the word trophy all wrong.Just my thoughts.Whats yours? :)
nobucks
12 Point

Postby gtk » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:37 am

You said it all when you said "A trophy is in the eye of the person".. That sums it up right there. One of my best "trophies" is no where near my biggest. It is a small 8pt that I rattled up to within 10 ft of me on the ground! I'll never forget it..
gtk
Admin

Postby bwm » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:11 pm

A trophy to me is the time spent. There are times spent in the woods, around certain people, and now that I have children of my own, around them. I have 3y.o. twins. A boy and girl. My little boy has sat with me on a couple of the warm days this year. It was his idea in wanting to go. I now know the enjoyment my dad got when we went. It's not about what you kill or see. It's about the memory and experience. You can go and shoot anytime, but sharing these are the true trophies.
bwm
Admin

Postby Bayou » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:09 pm

I agree with all of you.The harder to kill him the better the memories.
You will find me 25 feet up in a tree.
Bayou
button buck

Postby cooper » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:24 pm

trophy is definetly in the eye of the shooter, i have great memories of almost each deer I have every killed, some of the most memorable kills have been some great doe hunts!!!!!!!!!!!!cooper
cooper
button buck

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion