• Advertisement

New to the Forums, and a pic

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

New to the Forums, and a pic

Postby jayman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:00 am

New to the forums- just thought id try pic posting to see if i could. Guess it worked. Hope everyone had a safe and successful season. This buck keeps getting by me. So far ive seen him 4 times and have a bunch of nightime pics of him. Got a 2 does and a nice 6 point this year. I hunt in Goss just outside of Columbia. My dad just bought 145 acres in Monticello a couple of weeks ago and we'll be splitting time next year between the two.
jayman
button buck

Postby gtk » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:18 am

Nice pic jayman..

1st off, Welcome to the forum! Bring some friends on over too.

Trailcams are another passion of mine. I have thousands of pics stored on my computer at home :) All my trailcams are "homebrews" . I currently have 4 digitals and 7 35mm cameras :)

I have generated some neat graphs based on sun, moon, and trailcam phototime data.. check them out on my home computer:
http://64.91.101.51/trailcam/cust_mods.php
gtk
Admin

Postby jayman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:41 pm

Where did you learn to make your cameras? I go to a site http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums and got everything i needed to know to make one. That picture came from the Leaf River digital camera. It takes great pics. The ones i made i always seemed to have a problem with the sensor. Where did you find the time to make that many cameras :)
That is the best pic of a buck during the day i have ever gotten since ive starting "camming"
jayman
button buck

Postby gtk » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:59 pm

I used to be a regular over at Jessess, but it just seems like I cant get any advice/help over there anymore.

A lot of the original homebrew builders went over to http://www.hagshouse.com You can get plenty of help there, and the guys are friendly. The 35mm cameras were all made over the last 4 years or so.. The four digital have been made just since November.

Digital is definately the way to go now. Its 10x easier to build a digital than the 35mm. There is no soldering on the actual camera anymore when using the sony P32 or P41. I can complete a digital unit in one evening now, apx 3 hrs work (not including the glue dry time).

Greg
gtk
Admin

Postby bwm » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Welcome Jayman!

GTK is awesome on his trailcams. I have some of his work. I guess you could say that I got the family discount on them. Of course, sometimes that is worse.

Great Pic by the way!
bwm
Admin

Postby Bayou » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:11 am

Welcome Jayman.
You will find me 25 feet up in a tree.
Bayou
button buck

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion