• Advertisement

My Hunting Prayer Tonight

Knee Mail.... Prayer Requests or Prayers of Thanks.
Forum rules
No religious arguments. Either ask for prayer requests, or offer prayers of thanks. This is not a place for religious arguments.

My Hunting Prayer Tonight

Postby FireCloud » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Lord, thank you every single morsel of this plateful of delicious oriental backstrap stir fry I have just eaten. Bless my hunting partner Sam for killing two deer this weekend, cleaning them, and carving out a rear hindquarter and backstrap, icing the meat down, then calling me to come by and pick it up. And thank you for the eight juicy butterfly filets from the backstrap now in the freezer.

Lord, you know when I opened the freezer this morning to see what was left to fix for dinner tonight, my choices left were one package of crappie or one squirrel. I know you heard me pray right then, saying if you wanted me to eat meat after these two packages were gone, now would be a good time to provide me a deer. Because I know you own the cattle on 1,000 hills, by faith I understand when you want to provide meat, it is no problem for you to do so. Indeed, Lord I know you rained down quail upon the children of Israel until they ran out their nostrils Just to show your awesome power to them when they grumbled aobut eating manna. And I know you realize I love eating both crappie and squirrels so I would gladly have eaten either tonight. So it was by faith l closed the freezer door knowing I will not go lacking as you see our needs and hear our prayers.

However, in your divine watchcare, you had already provide Sam and his three fellow hunters with six deer killed since Friday, four of which they hauled out piled one on top of the other in one truck just yesterday. And so Lord I understand once again how you love to demonstrate to us that we should live by faith, as you so often have already met our needs even before we ask you to do so. Through your hand, I know you presented opportunity to harvest deer over and over again to these hunters until their needs were met for food for their families and they then had an abundance to share with others like me.

Thank you Lord for the way you work through other people to meet our needs even before we know you have done so, then reveal your handiwork to us.

And Lord, please bless Sam with a shot opportunity on one of the four deer he saw on my land this afternoon as he sits in his climber here in the morning while I am having to work. If it is within your will, Lord, please let Sam drop a fat doe, drag it out by himself, clean it on my skining rack, and ice down some more meat for me until I get home from work, as my freezer is low on meat and Sam has five kids to feed. You know I am not selfish in asking this, as I am willing to let Sam have all the the fun of killing the deer.

But if it is not too much to ask, Lord would you save that mature, big racked huge buck Sam has twice seen for me to kill so I can help Team Two win this contest?

Thank you for hearing and answering my prayers. Amen.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: My Hunting Prayer Tonight

Postby LazyGhost » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:15 am

Amen!
LazyGhost
Pope&Young

Re: My Hunting Prayer Tonight

Postby schoolmarm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:50 pm

And another AMEN...
schoolmarm
10 Point