• Advertisement

Prayers for Seth

Knee Mail.... Prayer Requests or Prayers of Thanks.
Forum rules
No religious arguments. Either ask for prayer requests, or offer prayers of thanks. This is not a place for religious arguments.

Prayers for Seth

Postby Smacko » Wed May 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Seth is a boy we took hunting with "A Hunt Above"
He is having a bone marrow transplant and needs our prayers...below is what his mom has said

"It's Transplant Day! (Day 0) The day we have been waiting for, dreading, praying for, anxious about and anticipating for so long. The donor cells were due to arrive at the Jackson airport around 3:00 p.m. today. The tranplant should begin sometimes later this afternoon and last about six hours. Seth will receive it just like a unit of blood. He actually had to have a unit of platelets just this morning. He has had magnesium issues, sodium issues and potassium issues but all levels looked better this morning. He continues to fight the nausea and diarrhea. Seth has not been able to make decisions in a very long time-decisions about his treatments, decisions about where he can or can't go (due to his counts always being an issue), decisions about his medication, decisions about what does or does not happen at doctors appointments or decisions about his childhood-period (sports, time spent with friends, etc.) and we are all ready for Seth to finally gain some control and say so over his life. He will still have a long road to travel before he can control his environment because he will continue to be vulnerable with his immune system wiped out. He will still have to avoid crowds, construction sites, barns, ponds, lakes, swimming pools and the sun. We are all very aware of the what if's-what if Seth does not engraft, what is he gets a fungal, viral or bacterial infection, what if he has to come back for a 2nd transplant. FAITH is what we are relying on, faith has carried us this far and it will carry us further. Faith has helped us to handle so many bad days over these past 22 months-to believe in something bigger than ourselves and the situation we are in. Right now we are concentrating on positive coping-we are trying to save an 11 year old boy's life.

All types of relationships enrich our lives and the many prayers, kind words, cards, phone calls, actions, love and support that each and every one of you have given us has enriched us beyond belief. Thanks to Karen and Rhonda for putting the word out on the radio (96.3) this morning for prayers for Seth, to Dana for facebook Seth's prayer warriors, to Liz for the SBA class releasing balloons today at school and saying a prayer for today's transplant, for each and every one of you that said a prayer this morning at work, that will say a prayer tonight at church, that said a prayer this morning at the breakfast table, in traffic, tonight at supper, last night before bed, PRAYER'S WORK, we truly believe. TRUST YOUR HOPES NOT YOUR FEARS-with all of your kindness, support and love for Seth, you give us so much hope.

The most amazing thing I have learned (other than that life is the most valuable thing we own) is that every single day there are people who donate blood, platelets, plasma and bone marrow for people they don't even know. How great a gift!

With fluctuating emotions each and every single day, the most overwhelming emotion I have felt during this experience is love, the most love for my only child that I could possibly know. It has been so difficult not to show fear for both Chad and I but somehow we do it, we have held up surprisingly well. I believe God has helped us to endure some of these blows and kept our minds looking towards the future. I have had so many times when I have fought back tears, when what I really wanted to do was to run out into the hall, let out a deafening scream and sob like an infant-but although that would help me temporarily it would not help Seth one bit-it would harm him more than anything. As Seth and I were following Chad to the hospital Sunday before last to be admitted to the transplant unit floor, I got pulled over for doing 72 mph in a 55 (mind you I was following Chad and I got pulled over). As I was digging for my license and hand it over to the officer I broke, don't know what made it be then but I did. He asked why I was traveling so fast and I managed to get out that we were headed to the hospital to be admitted for Seth's bone marrow transplant and that I was obviously a little anxious. The very kind officer took pity on me, probably thought I needed to let Seth drive the rest of the way, told me to slow it down, wished Seth all the luck in the world and just had this look of I am so sorry written all over his face. Seth was surprised that I started crying over being pulled over and I let him think that was the reason. I have done so good in front of him and pray every night that I continue to hold up. Sure I have had my moments and I definately cry when he cries but all in all I manage better than I ever thought I could. It is amazing what faith, support, friends, family and kind words will do for you.

Pray for Seth in these upcoming days, pray for each and every child and adult that is battling their own disease and illness this very moment and pray that a cure for cancer is found soon. Cancer has taken too many lives and affected too many families."
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Re: Prayers for Seth

Postby ajlineman » Wed May 13, 2009 6:22 pm

prayers sent
born and raised hunting
ajlineman
10 Point

Postby Honey Bee » Wed May 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Prayer sent for Seth and family
Image Have a Blessed Day
Honey Bee
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Thu May 14, 2009 7:57 am

Prayers sent..
gtk
Admin

Postby jv » Thu May 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Prayers sent
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby Todd Macko » Thu May 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Facebook members wishing to share a personal message or prayer with Seth can join Seth's Prayer Warriors at the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5 ... 452&ref=mf
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby deaner » Fri May 15, 2009 8:31 am

Mike it happened again, brought tears to my eyes and prayer from my heart. Children deserve better but we will take it as it comes as we know prayer can give the good feeling to all and CAN HEAL. I was in a Masonic meeting last night and this very topic came up , if we did not know prayer can help we would not pray. They are receiving my prayers.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby bigjohn » Fri May 15, 2009 10:20 am

prayers sent
bigjohn
Pope&Young

Postby bob » Fri May 15, 2009 11:15 am

Prayers are sent
------------------------------------------
http://www.reel-lites.com
bob
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby jalbrsn » Sun May 17, 2009 1:32 pm

prayers sent
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Postby terry08 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:27 am

Praying that the lord will touch this young man with his healing hand. We must never underestimate the power of prayer.
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Return to Praise & Prayers