• Advertisement

Prayers for my friend Ed

Knee Mail.... Prayer Requests or Prayers of Thanks.
Forum rules
No religious arguments. Either ask for prayer requests, or offer prayers of thanks. This is not a place for religious arguments.

Prayers for my friend Ed

Postby deaner » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 am

My friend Ed has cancer in the lung and people in the know said it generally goes up so it could be in the brain. Just found out 2 days ago and does not know where else it maybe located. Need s his yard mowed as his mower is broken and he is unable to do the work. Another friend with a trailer is going to see that it is kept mowed for free. I have a good mower but no transportation as I need a proper trailer. This guy wanted to help as I keep another neighbor yard mowed so this will satisfy his desire to help others. Enough about that I really wanted your prayers and that was the reason for posting, please pray.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Re: Prayers for my friend Ed

Postby Smacko » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Prayers sent
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby Honey Bee » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Prayer sent
Image Have a Blessed Day
Honey Bee
Pope&Young

Postby bigjohn » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:38 pm

PRAYERS SENT
bigjohn
Pope&Young

Postby jalbrsn » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:59 am

Prayers sent
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:55 am

A friend went out to his house to take care of his yard.The yard had height as his mower was broke. We are intending to assist with his yard and may need to take him for treatment as his lady works. Our organization is involved with helping anyone that is in need. thanks for your prayers
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby gtk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:51 am

prayers sent..
gtk
Admin

Postby deaner » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 am

We have found a lady that was interested in setting with this gentleman week day mornings. Now we are preparing to set up people to telephone and talk with him in the mornings. We will also have people to visit with him off and on during the week. I believe his close friends was a very select few and he has approved all of the above. This will change as to his condition and his desire. I am thinking about seeing if I can have a few Masonic people visit and call him. His treatment is in the afternoon. He called and requested this help but he probably does not realize how sick he will become. Today he will find out if the cancer got into the brain. He desires a group of friends to help him get thru this ordeal. God will provide
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:25 am

We have the lady set up and she may take Ed to the doctor so Eds lady can continue to work and not put her job in jeopardy. The cancer is not in the brain, it is in a lung , spots on liver and bone areas. We are in the process of obtaining people to telephone and have back up for all that are involved. I am only touching the surface of how involved we are so I do not release some sensitive items. We are fortunate to have a good organization to step forward as needed. There is a cost to all that are involved and with this down turn in the economy it is hurting some on the financial side. We have reached out and helped so many lately that it is getting very tough. This is not a plea for financial assistance. be happy
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Smacko » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Thanks for the updates Deaner...we will continue to hold him up in prayer...thanks for what you do..
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:10 am

The ladie starts helping Ed this next week and tonight they- the lady and her husband are going out to visit with Ed and talk over the situation. You talk about great people all 4 of these people rate very highly. We are constantly talking with either Ed or his lady and Ed is becoming very upbeat. We have sent him projects that we are working on to raise money and help others and he gives us great feed back. It seems we have so many people with problems and we support them so they will become stronger, it really helps. Actually we do very little HE does the work and guides us. I hope HE does not stop guiding us as we would be lost. Giving the credit to the one that is deserving. HAVE A GOOD ONE
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Surveyorshawn » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:07 am

deaner wrote:The ladie starts helping Ed this next week and tonight they- the lady and her husband are going out to visit with Ed and talk over the situation. You talk about great people all 4 of these people rate very highly. We are constantly talking with either Ed or his lady and Ed is becoming very upbeat. We have sent him projects that we are working on to raise money and help others and he gives us great feed back. It seems we have so many people with problems and we support them so they will become stronger, it really helps. Actually we do very little HE does the work and guides us. I hope HE does not stop guiding us as we would be lost. Giving the credit to the one that is deserving. HAVE A GOOD ONE

Glad the lady can help!! Still praying!!!
Truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself. - St. Augustine
Surveyorshawn
Spike

Postby jv » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:54 am

Prayers sent for Ed and a big God Bless for the ones that are giving there time to help
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby BigRic » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:56 am

sent
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby Todd Macko » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Barbara and I will be remembering Ed in our prayers over the coming weeks. Thanks for the heads up!
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby deaner » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:03 am

We may not know the value of this forum and the people until you request a prayer for someone that is in need. I do not mean to down play others and say my request is more important , all requests are important and I pray God will answer all requests. Above all I started out to thank the forum people and this is meant as a very sincere thank you. You are courteous and understanding and it means a lot to posters to not be run down . You people are very up lifting and helpful---thank you and may our lord bless you in many ways. Have a happy holiday!
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:11 am

We are Eds family ,as he does not have anyone close so it is up to us to check on him and encourage as needed. As stated above we have a telephone chain going and I have received word that it is active. our desire is not to control everything but to get it working then only do our work in calling. We have people in our organization from all walks of life which makes it all interesting and challenging. If you have ideas on what I should do or change I am open and will listen.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:11 am

Eds cancer is further along than anticipated . It is in the bones and liver. He knows he has our full support as he has various concerns of which we discuss in detail so he can work on treatments without the other worries.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:08 am

We are able to make Ed happy and he laughs. Ed and his lady were out to our home about 5 days ago and he looks forward to future events and he is a postive thinking person. He called yesterday , his lady went to town so we talked to him and he snapped right out of it. I know it is hard to stay postive in such a situation but he does try. He is a blessing to have in a group.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:19 am

Ed started chemo for 3 days along with radiation for 5 days each week and it will be the same of several weeks. He does have a high spirit and enjoys talking to anyone.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Honey Bee » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Glad to hear Eds spirts are high I will keep him in my prayers thanks for the update
Image Have a Blessed Day
Honey Bee
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 am

Thursday Ed was in for radiation and was sent home with no treatment. His white cell count was 0.08. We are very concerned about our friend to say the least. This guy has the most generous heart that I have seen in a long time. Prayers please.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:50 am

Ed decided he would mow his large yard for exercise and he found out he does not have the strength do do the work. His lady finished up the mowing . I believe we have him convinced to let one of our members do the yard. This member mows yards as this is his ministry. No one wants to impose on others and this was how Ed was. I am using past tense and hoping he will stay with it as discussed. Eds lady works a distance from home so she is up about 5:15 every morning. She has to do all the chores and we feel it is to much for her. Ed goes to bed early as he becomes very tired. We are on the list and we try to call him daily as this is what he desires. If we call a little late he is in bed. We do have members selected for each day to call him. His blood count went up to 3.5 on white cells, after receiving a shot and some pills. He becomes very down at times and we try to turn this around, we have been doing good in this area. We have a page from U>S>A> today newspaper on Lance Armstrong and his cancer . The seriousness of Lances cancer will hopefully give Ed support. He has been receiving some negative from his Doctor. Thanks for listening.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby T-BAG 17 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Let Ed know we will be sending up our prayers for him too.
T-BAG 17
Spike

Postby Joseph » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Prayers sent
Joseph
Spike

Next

Return to Praise & Prayers