• Advertisement

FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER

Knee Mail.... Prayer Requests or Prayers of Thanks.
Forum rules
No religious arguments. Either ask for prayer requests, or offer prayers of thanks. This is not a place for religious arguments.

FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER

Postby deaner » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:55 am

My neighbors, the Webbs lost one child yesterday in a boating accident and the other is in critical care with head trauma , broken arm and punctured lung. They are extremely nice people and they love the lord. The one child that is in the hospital is the one I knew best. He would come over to fish and he was 16 years old. He minded me very well and was easy to love but like all of us he had problems. Please give the family your prayers in this critical time.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Re: FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER

Postby Smacko » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:03 am

What a tragic loss...will be praying for all involved....
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:22 am

Our neighbors, Todd and Candy Webb are in need of your prayers. Their sons were involved in a boating accident Sat. Aug. 22. The older son, Chris age 24 was killed, the younger son, Shane age 16 was air lifted to South Alabama Hospital in Mobile. The other boat was running from the authorities and hit the Webb’s bass boat on the right side. All Shane’s ribs are broken on the right side, his collar bone, another bone behind the shoulder, his arm, and his skull is fractured, all on the right side. There are some internal injuries. As of this morning, Sunday, he is stable but critical. The Doctors say he is not out of the woods yet and has a long way to go. Please put them on any prayer chain or list you may have access to.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Honey Bee » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Prayer sent
Image Have a Blessed Day
Honey Bee
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Prayers sent
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby Surveyorshawn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:14 am

Definitely praying for them!!! What area are they from?
Truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself. - St. Augustine
Surveyorshawn
Spike

Postby gtk » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 am

So tragic.. Will be praying for them.
gtk
Admin

Postby deaner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:12 am

They live in the Wiggins area. Up north on route 29 about 5 miles past flint creek water park. The young man is in induced coma and will be in this manner for about 4 days to allow the brain to drain and the swelling to reduce. The father thinks the son that is hospitalized will come out quickly and be able to go to the funeral of the other son. This is not going to happen. I feel the father is not able to cope with the entirety and does not realize his son will be in the hospital for a long time and after that it is anyones guess.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Surveyorshawn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 am

I am in Wiggins as well. Who are they related to? I have a friend who's mom was flown to USA 2 weeks ago after being in a bad automobile accident. I am in the Big Level area. Is there anything I can do here locally?
Truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself. - St. Augustine
Surveyorshawn
Spike

Postby BIGERN76 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Will pray. Best wishes to the family.
Remington 700/CDL 30-06
2009 Diamond Black Ice
Bear Grizzly

QSMA Pro Staff
BIGERN76
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 am

Everything seems to be under control. Todd has lots of mowing to be done which we were going to do but he has it all set up for now. I would amagine Todd knows you as he knows every one in a large area here. I know a few people in the big level area, one that comes to me is L G Beckham. It appears this situation will go on for sometime as the boy could not be brought around yesterday. They had to move him up in the bed yesterday and he was not a happy camper, lots of pain. We are involved with the Odd Fellows and Neighbors Helping Neighbors. The Neighbors organization helps people that are in need or down on their luck so to speak. We had the pleasure of helping one of your neighbors. For a new and small organization we have helped several people in the large general area. We just started up this organization as the people wanted to be more involved with helping others. This is a break away from the Odd Fellows and is loosely structured. The people requested that it be loosely structured and we wrote up the bylaws and obtained a cin number for small business as our tax number. It does keep us busy as we are involved with a person with cancer. This person has our group as his circle of friends on a telephone list. Tonight is our second meeting at 6:30 pm for dinner and then we go directly into the meeting. We have about 20 people in our group. Thanks for giving me a hello I just hope I did not bore you to much.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby T-BAG 17 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Prayers sent for this family.

Deaner, I think the groups your in are a great idea. If I was closer, I'd love to join in. I'd like to see if we could get something like this going in our community.
T-BAG 17
Spike

Postby Joseph » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Prayers sent
Joseph
Spike

Postby deaner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 am

The members were in another group and they were meeting twice a week , so they reduced this group to once a month and started this group. We did the paper work and much more but last night was our second meeting and I was proud to say the least on their respopnse. We generally find out about others needs and the group votes on what to do. We had already given money and did not have approval but this does not upset the members. They voted over whelming on another donation and they then increased it to a larger amount. Some of the members then gave from their own pockets. None of our raised money is used to our benefit. We generally donate to cover misc.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:48 am

The Webb family will have the funeral for Chris this next Wednesday and I will post more as it becomes available. Shane is still in the hospital in a coma. They may transfer him to Burmingham Alabama hospital and let them bring him around and work his therapy right in with this procedure. He has jerked his feeding tube out twice even though his arms are fastened down. A word to the wise is when a person is hospitalized like this they do not need friends taking up the visitation time. Their friends in other words are there a little to much. We have told our people do not telephone and do not visit the hospital. Friends mean well but it comes accross as to much. One of our neighbors said maybe we could go over in a few days and we said, no. They do not even have time to think with the friends hanging around. Sorry for venting. These words were spoken by the parents.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby gtk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 am

will keep this family in our prayers.
gtk
Admin

Postby deaner » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:13 pm

The Webbs.
Todd Webb
1113 highway 29
Wiggins Mississippi 39577
In case you should desire their address.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:54 am

T-bag-17 I have a e mail coming your way.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:56 am

T-bag 17, as you will notice I do not know where I am part of the time. At least I did not have anything negative to say about our members. I might add that I am unaware of any personality problems on this forum.....
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:54 am

Correction. Earlier I said the older group was meeting twice a week and it should of been twice amonth. Neighbors Helping Neighbors is moving a head very well as the members do enjoy helping each other and they have a very good attitude. Now for an update on the Webbs. Shane came out of his coma yesterday and talked briefly with his mother and father. This is why I said they do not desire friends visiting as it will take up their visiting time. He told his mother and father that he loved them. To my knowledge he does not know about his brother being killed. They had to move Chris funeral up as the salt water was deterioating the body. I am quoting them as I do not have any knowledge in this area. Wake is Monday evening in Biloxi and the funeral is Tuesday. Funeral is at Bradford O'Keefe Funeral Home after a 12 to 1 visitation.
Shane will need a therapy time starting this next week. He will need lots of prayers as he will be going thru so much and his attitude being different it will possibly be harder to contol him. Yes the Todd Webb family will be needing some good help to get thru this situation.
Todd Webb
1113 highway 29
Wiggins Ms. 39577
May God bless all of you for your kindness.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 am

The father and mother came home for just a short period last night. We met with them early this morning and they were on the road back to Mobile before 7 am. We are getting their laundry caught up and some other house work. They received a small amount of money for Chris funeral Tuesday. I informed them that I had put articles in the forum and some of the people indicated they would send money. You would need to know these good people to understand what I am saying. When Shane is moved to Birmingham they will try to find work to pay bills. Shane is not coming around all that fast, so they are going to need to take a moment and realize he needs time. I am attempting to say that it may take a month to 6 months or more. They are prepared to fight--meaning they will try to take care of bills and etc. They have found a place to stay in Birmingham for a more reasonable amount of money. If this works out it will be good. I informed them I was on a few forums and pleading their case. I feel I do not need to plead their case, all I need to do is ask you to open your hearts and see that their needs are reduced. I do not expect you to carry the entire burden , just help out---please. I will try to open up other avenues to help them out. If you have ideas please let me know. I have reached my limit as this is an all completely new obstacle and I would appreciate your help. I need to say the words---please give money. You will be blessed-----
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:37 am

Contacted by Candy this morning and discussed Shane and the funeral of Chris. Shane moved his lip just a little yesterday evening but other than that no changes. Our theory is to keep saying any change is good and it will come very slowly. We discussed how the brain will act because of the damage and as it heals the injured side generally responds more. Words from a Doctor. Today is the wake and they really do not want to leave Shane . Tomorrow is the funeral and We explained how our local people are splitting up between this wake and the funeral tomorrow. If she is not careful she has a tendency to break down. Todd has asked that people not contact him as repeating this over and over he will break down also. This is a case that others must obtain this information from people outside of the immediate family. Mitzi Went over yesterday and washed up the bedding and much more. Sometimes it is difficult to ask people to clean up our mess--so to speak. I wish there was more we could do but our helping is limited TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. We will go ahead and see what others come up with. Generally a bank account for gifts does not work thaT GREAT, IT WILL WORK BUT IT IS LIMITED TO A CERTAIN GROUP--SO TO SPEAK. I am trying hard to think of something and I guess I need to go and talk with Walmart manager. That would give them ashot in the arm and that shot is needed. Enough of my problems , have a nice day and say a prayer or two, it will help you and the Webbs, we call that a doub le benefit. thanks
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:25 pm

The word is now , Shane will be taken to Jackson ms. The insurance company is located in Mississippi so they want him here so they have more control. The Webbs do not see any problems with such a move.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:40 am

Yesterday my fishing pardener --Shane had a trach put in, as his lungs were filling up with fluid. His mother is having a difficult time right now placing telephone calls as his condition is not strong. We are preparing a fund raiser for the Webbs. It is needed more than I want to discuss. We will be coming forth on the details. We spent half a day yesterday working at the Webbs residence. Mowing and trimming and etc. Work is becoming more difficult for me as my body has not healed sufficiently from past operations. My body ached most of last night, I blame it on age, 77. Above all your prayers are needed.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:50 am

Shane did not receive the stent yesterday as he was to weak and running a temperature. The parents are beginning to loose a little confidence so if we can make this last 2 or 3 days longer they may become stronger in their thoughts. It may be they are thinking that there is a possibility of losing their second and only child (that is left). Our job is too stay positive and pray so that we may build up any lost confidence that they may have. A good family that is now facing a large challenge. Money is a big objective and we are working on this with a benefit. Everything takes time. Pray and lets work together so we can get this past and work on "A HUNT ABOVE" fund raiser. Do not ask what I can do for you but ask what can you do to help this situation. We will work together as a family and take care of children with terminal illness. PRAY HARD
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Next

Return to Praise & Prayers