• Advertisement

FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER

Knee Mail.... Prayer Requests or Prayers of Thanks.
Forum rules
No religious arguments. Either ask for prayer requests, or offer prayers of thanks. This is not a place for religious arguments.

Re: FAMILY NEEDS PRAYER

Postby deaner » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:58 am

Shane woke up yesterday and they schduled the trach installation for late afternoon. He recognized his mother and squeezed her hand, he stuck out his tongue for a drink. Shane has had us in a nose dive then he will have improvement.He has pneumonia And the hope is when they get the fluid out of his lungs his condition will improve. I noticed that I used the word stent in my previous posting and it should of been trach. We managed to get Candice to talk about money yesterday and then it was cut off all at once. They know what we are doing for them it is not a hidden fact concerning money. They are going to find cheaper housing right away as theirs is more expensive and it looks like he will not be moved for a few days. They are being frugal in everything they do and I realize why. They have contacted some on paying less on a bill to paying nothing right now, some will not work with her at all. We are going ahead on the fund raiser and I am accepting checks and or cash to help them out of this very tight financial squeeze. They have dogs and they miss their dogs and the dogs miss them. We are giving the dogs the love that they have been accostomed to. I will be going to some people that know what we try to do, to see if they will help. The squeeze is on. I have put out the Webbs address in hope of some of you reaching outeven if it is just a small amout, it is really needed. NO I AM NOT WEALTHY, I just love people as well as children and I will do all within my means to see that they do not drown at a time they are in need. A few of us can not do what a larger group of us could accomplish, so please reach in your pocket or purse and be a person that helps others.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:16 am

Met with Todd Webb yesterday evening for about 2 hours. The discussion surrounded the present hospital on how he would rate them. We discussed other hospitals and their rating. The present hospital would not discuss Shanes care and why he was having the up and down, we discussed Doctors erors. He finally was pushed far enough that he demanded their attention and their being open on what is taking place. We had felt their was error with no admitance of this by running away. He feels that the doctors will now talk and tell them exactly what is happening. Todd will not talk until he is pushed to do so. Our personal hopes is this will bring an improvement in Shanes condition. This was so completely out of control situation that if it had continued the loss of Shane could be the results. I added this to the thread to let you know fully what is taking place and that your prayers could change this to a positive. I am not really not interested in running down a hospital or doctors but that Shane will receive proper care. Any assistance you can give them with their financial situation would be greatly appreciated and remember Shane in your prayers. Shane is a long ways from coming out of the woods.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 pm

Looking forward to a good labor day holiday. Hopefully Shane will improve under better condions. I need to grill out and do a little fishing to clear my mind. Spent the morning working on "A HUNT ABOVE" fund raiser project, needed to order games and etc. Do a little off and on and it should all fall together in the proper manner. We do not mind giving our time and energy to this event, we will rest after everything is over with. Thanks to all for your support. When you take time to pray do not forget my fishing buddy--Shane and if you have a little cash left over the Webbs could use it and the LORD will bless you. Have a good one.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:34 am

Shane we believe is in need of deeper help. Meaning Doctors that have advanced in their knowledge and are ready to do whatever is necessary. Such as the John Hopkins hospital group. I have talked with the parents of Shane on a lighter extent but not on the full fledged idea. They are scared of the money situation to be frank. My idea is money will be available as we proceed. My brother sent an e mail on this idea and I lost it , which is natural. They just released a person from their hospital that had been in an accident. I do not desire to get over involved but I will do all that is necessary. I feel that Shane is in need of a more experienced medical staff. I also feel the parents are having feelings of this nature. Feed back is wanted and desired. I realize I am asking a lot of you but your ideas are wanted. Please keep praying.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 am

We are working on having Shane put in to John Hopkins hospital after talking with the mother. They are hopeful to move him in the following two days. That is still questionable. The Doctor where Shane is presently at will talk to the doctor at John Hopkins on his condition then they will talk on transportation. If any of you have suggestions we sure could use them as this is not the area that we are comfortable. John Hopkins has not said they would take himat this point.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Just thought I would update you on some information we received concerning the driver of the boat that ran into the Webb Brothers. Two years ago, he was driving a boat while drunk and had a very similar accident that killed a man. The man's family sued and won. That accident lefrt Conley Bernias paralized from the waist down and cost him everything he had. Now, fast forward to this accident, someone and we have heard it was his parents had to take him to the dock and lift him into the boat, they also had to put the beer in the cooler. The boat belongs to his sister. A person we spoke with recently said they had a law suit and would get a lot of money, therefore, he didn't want to give right now. The truth is, IF there is a law suit, Chris's wife would get the money as Shane is the secondary person. It seems like Todd and Candy (the Webb's) have had more then their share of bad luck lately. Their faith has really been tested. It began about three months ago, her Mother was in the Hospital for several weeks, the Doctors could not figure out what the problem is. Her body was not making any red blood cells. While Candy's Mother was in the Hospital, her Grandad died unexpectedly. Candy had power of attorney for him and takes care of his business. and now the accident. This morning, they were moving Shane to Jackson MS. Candy and Todd were following the ambulance, their car started acting up. Candy called and asked if we could meet them in New Augusta with another vehicle so they could continue the trip. When we got to New Augusta, the Webb's and the Ambulance were waiting. Transferring all their clothes and other stuff they have accumalated to the other vehicle was like moving day! Now they will have an added expense of getting their car fixed. This is a good Christian family that has helped others all their lives. Now it is our turn to help them. Since they have moved Shane to Jackson, the Hospital demands that someone is in the room with Shane 24/7. They put a cot in the room for the parents. They will get the meals delivered to the room but for an extra charge. I am sure you realize that the monthly expenses like we all have go on if you are working or not. Neither are working and therefore they are not getting paid. With all the added medical expense they need help now. The expense for air-lifting Shane to Alabama was between 18, and 20 thousand dollars.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 pm

We are planning a benefit for Todd, Candy and Shane October 2. It will be at the Westside Community Center outside of Wiggins. We are having music for your entertainment and a fish dinner. We are asking for an $8.00 donation. There will also be a cake auction. Serving will start at 4:30 p.m. if you want to make a donation to this family, you may make your check payable to Todd Webb and mail it to 1113 Hwy 29, Wiggins, MS 39577. We get their mail each day and Candy tells us by phone what to open, if there is money involved, we have their deposit slips to put it in the bank for them. They need money and prayers. If everyone gives a little, it will make a big difference.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:55 am

The person that caused the accident was paralized from his waist down. In order to drive the boat, he was "propped up" by the passenger so he could see. Investigators later recovered more than 30 empty beer cans from the boat he was operating. His bond was increased to $400,000. The prosecuting attorney Herman Cox said "The bow of the boat was basically in an upright position when it struck the victims' boat." His blood alcohol level was .25, over 2 1/2 times the legal limit. The accident killed Christopher Webb age 24 and critically injured his 16 year old brother Shane. Yesterday, Shane was transferred from Mobile AL to the Methodist Hospital in Jackson MS. His parents are at his bedside 24/7. They must stay in the room with him at all times. Since they cannot work at this time, there is no income plus there are many added medical expenses. This family needs your help. Prayers for Shane's recovery and strengh for the parents and they also need your help financially. If you want to make a donation, make your check payable to Tood Webb, 1113 Hwy 29, Wiggins, MS. Your help is greatly appreciated. The Webbs have always been great givers, last Christmas to a family in need and at other times they would match what was being given. You talk about a giving family this is the Webbs. They receive gifts with tears as they figure this would never be them. They are thankful to all and are well spoken on this topic of thanks. We need donation for the Webbs and please pray as my fishing buddy is not out of the woods yet.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:04 am

I was at a Masonic meeting yesterday evening and the Webbs came up and was discussed fully. At the next business meeting they will decide how much from the Masonic funds and also from the members. Onr mrmber came up to me and asked do they need help now, he was informed yes they do and he dug in and came up with a large bill to be donated. The Masonic people are noted for taking care of their own and also people living in the area. I found out more people know theWebbs than I had thought. This will turn out good as it comes from the heart and with love.
Scotty Parker went out on the landing to place a Masonic business call and right next to his foot was one of his little friends. A 3 1/2 foot rattler which he brought in to show everyone. Some just were not interested.
Yes your donations will be appreciated.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:20 am

Just an update on my “Fishing Buddy” Shane. We talked with Candy (his Mom) last night about 9:30 p.m. Shane was in surgery. After moving him to Jackson, they did an evaluation. After the day of tests, ex-rays, and scans they discovered the feeding tube that had been put in place in Alabama was not placed properly. The food was coming out around the tube and through the incision in his abdomen. That had to be fixed plus they may have to remove part of his small intestine. There is also a pus pocket in the lung where the tube was. They will clean that out and also set his arm. Depending on how well he does after this surgery, he will have another surgery on Monday or Wednesday on his arm. We haven’t talked with them this morning as the surgery was not expected to be over until around midnight.
Shane is still not out of the woods so keep those prayers coming.
There is a special account set up for Shane at Keesler Federal Credit Union. This account is for any special equipment or renovations they may need when they bring him home. It will not be touched for anything else. We just returned from the Bank where we made a deposit for them so they can pay the house payment. We checked with the teller at the drive thru and the bank has agreed, if you want to send a donation directly to the bank you may do so: Bank Of Wiggins, 109 W. Pine Ave, Wiggins, MS 39577. Be sure to include it is for the Todd Webb account. The phone number of the Bank is: 601-928-5233.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 am

If you had asked me two days ago about Shanes chances I would of saidnot good. Things turn around and by the time you read this I would not know where he is in recovery. He knows his mother , her telephone number and other small facts. So what I am saying he is tough and things look more positive. If you do nothing else PRAY. We know all of us are limited on how much we can help financially. A friend stood up in a meeting and said his lady had told him not to give any more as quoting him , he had been too easy of a touch. Your kind words mean an awful lot at any time, be sure to pass those kind words to others.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:51 am

We have a day and a half of mowing each week. No complaints --love to mow. Shane may loose the use of his right hand but it is difficult to say which way it will go. They saved the nerve in his arm while scraping bone fragments out and the hole where the bone came thru is not reacting very good yet.The arm and hand are problems and they are trying to straighten the hand today with a splint. Pray and thenks for reading my notes.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Previous

Return to Praise & Prayers