• Advertisement

Those dang new glasses

Lets Talk Archery..

Those dang new glasses

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:41 pm

So I found out this year that my vision was a little worse than I thought, well maybe a lot worse...... I now wear glasses all the time. How many of you bow hunt in glasses? I have been shooting without them, but I am very aware my vision is not the best. I am also afraid of catching them. Any tips.....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners


WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
User avatar
LadyHunter
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Smith County

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby bigsteve » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:09 pm

I had to make that move several years ago
Make sure you get some wipes because they will fog practice with them I got a pair just with my prescription to hunt with no bifocals it takes a little adjustment but not impossible

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
User avatar
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 am
Location: walls ms

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Mine are bifocals, but I have o e strength in the top for far vision, another in the bifocal for close. At least I can see again...

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners


WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
User avatar
LadyHunter
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Smith County

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby Kev1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:47 pm

I bow and gun hunt with my glasses without any issues except like Steve said damp or foggy conditions. Things look fuzzy without them, so I just excepted the change to be on the safe side.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kev1
button buck
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby missed mallards » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:41 pm

Contacts?

I’ve hunted with them for years. Shooting a bow is quiet difficult and something I never could really master. Had to change my form a good bit but got better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missed mallards
4 Point
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Leland, MS

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:52 pm

I will have to shoot with them. At 25 yards, I can't see the outlines on the target through my peep sight without them! I probably couldn't see a deer in fading light! Ha

Now what about scopes??


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners


WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
User avatar
LadyHunter
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Smith County

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby bigsteve » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:36 am

I don't know of a bow scope that is magnified crossbow yes I always liked a deer siloute over a dot it will give you more confidence on your shots

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
User avatar
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 am
Location: walls ms

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 am

bigsteve wrote:I don't know of a bow scope that is magnified crossbow yes I always liked a deer siloute over a dot it will give you more confidence on your shots

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk



Sorry, I should have been clearer.... My rifle scope... I have not shot my rifle yet with my glasses..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners


WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
User avatar
LadyHunter
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Smith County

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:12 am

missed mallards wrote:Contacts?

I’ve hunted with them for years. Shooting a bow is quiet difficult and something I never could really master. Had to change my form a good bit but got better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I can't wear contacts, I suffer from ocular migraines. The new glasses have helped lessen the episodes, but contacts are out.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners


WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
User avatar
LadyHunter
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Smith County

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby missed mallards » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:40 pm

LadyHunter wrote:
missed mallards wrote:Contacts?

I’ve hunted with them for years. Shooting a bow is quiet difficult and something I never could really master. Had to change my form a good bit but got better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I can't wear contacts, I suffer from ocular migraines. The new glasses have helped lessen the episodes, but contacts are out.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


10-4. I have episodes when I work on a pc screen for too long. Understand the headaches.

Just gotta do what u gotta do. Once u get used to the peep, it’s all down hill from there! Might try a no peep!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missed mallards
4 Point
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Leland, MS

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby Curlyjack » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:22 pm

I have wore glasses. Since I was a teenager, no problems using the scope on my rifles. Binoculars are a different story, I have to take my glasses off to use them.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
User avatar
Curlyjack
Non-Typical
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:50 am
Location: Leakesville, MS

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby alaska_av8r » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:15 pm

I don’t wear my glasses while hunting, reading vision sucks and if you have issues with sight pins being fuzzy you can get a verifier or clarifier, one of them is for pins, the other is if you use a scope on your bow
alaska_av8r
button buck
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:59 pm
Location: Hernando, MS

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby jbullard1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:15 pm

I had issues with glasses 12-15 years ago, hard to see with them fogging up. I was lucky and my problem was cataracts, and after the surgery I only have to use reading glasses now. I do understand your problem. Hope you can overcome it.
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
User avatar
jbullard1
Granpaw
 
Posts: 8403
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: Bruce Ms

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 am

I have adjusted to shooting my bow with them. Binoculars use, I have to take them off. My biggest adjustment so far has been in the stand, because I have bifocals with increased vision on top and even more in the bifocal area, my perception is sometimes off at heights.
Jerry, luckily so far, no cataracts.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners


WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
User avatar
LadyHunter
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Smith County

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby jbullard1 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:47 am

LadyHunter wrote:I have adjusted to shooting my bow with them. Binoculars use, I have to take them off. My biggest adjustment so far has been in the stand, because I have bifocals with increased vision on top and even more in the bifocal area, my perception is sometimes off at heights.
Jerry, luckily so far, no cataracts.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


As of now the sight in my right eye is deteriorating and I have to focus my optics for me only. Honeybee is the same way.
We focus our optics to allow the best focus and don't swap them.
Her rifle is hers Mine is mine. This old age eyesight is aggravating at best
Good luck hunting and hope the best for you and family
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
User avatar
jbullard1
Granpaw
 
Posts: 8403
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: Bruce Ms

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby bigsteve » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:24 pm

I had 2 pair made 1 with byfoucals and one without to hunt with works good

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
User avatar
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 am
Location: walls ms

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby glenn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm

bigsteve wrote:I had 2 pair made 1 with byfoucals and one without to hunt with works good

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk


I did the same, it definitely helps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
Image
glenn
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 2970
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: SW Mississippi

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby LadyHunter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:57 pm

It makes you pause to wonder how we all got so old and blind!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners


WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
User avatar
LadyHunter
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Smith County

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby gtk » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:03 am

LadyHunter wrote:It makes you pause to wonder how we all got so old and blind!

I can't see up close at ALL now. I have found that I had to adjust all my scopes so I could see the cross-hairs clearer. I have been working in my garage the last few eve's, and can't even see the tape measure clearly.. Its aggravating ! And no matter how many pair of readers I have, I can never find them when I need them
User avatar
gtk
Admin
 
Posts: 19565
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: Olive Branch, MS

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby stickers » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 am

gtk wrote:
LadyHunter wrote:It makes you pause to wonder how we all got so old and blind!

I can't see up close at ALL now. I have found that I had to adjust all my scopes so I could see the cross-hairs clearer. I have been working in my garage the last few eve's, and can't even see the tape measure clearly.. Its aggravating ! And no matter how many pair of readers I have, I can never find them when I need them


I had the same thing occur almost instantly after getting my first smart phone about 3 years ago. I figured it was age but eye doctor told me to quit using it for anything except for a phone and only use text or internet on it if I had to. I rarely have to use cheaters except to read very fine print now after doing so. The tape measure thing and reloading was getting super frustrating so I understand.
stickers
Non-Typical
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby gtk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:19 am

Good point about the phone.. My eye doctor told me, before I had lasik surgery, that my close up vision would worsen if I had lasik. I would still much rather see "far off" and use cheaters up close though :)
User avatar
gtk
Admin
 
Posts: 19565
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: Olive Branch, MS

Re: Those dang new glasses

Postby stickers » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:19 pm

gtk wrote:Good point about the phone.. My eye doctor told me, before I had lasik surgery, that my close up vision would worsen if I had lasik. I would still much rather see "far off" and use cheaters up close though :)


I agree totally. That was one of the reasons I went with PRK instead of lasik about 20 years ago. Now I have 20/10 vision and my non dominant eye is the 10. He said he could whittle some more on my dominant eye and probably get 10 out of it, ha. I have shot everything, even scoped rifles, with both eyes open now which improved my shooting greatly.
stickers
Non-Typical
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:31 pm


Return to Archery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron