• Advertisement

costly mistake

Lets Talk Archery..

costly mistake

Postby bigsteve » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:45 pm

well i made a rookie mistake and cost me a beautiful 10 pt after driving to wattensaw i did not shoot my bow before the hunt something i never do until this time yesterday morning i had a 140 class 10 pt at 21 yards working a scrape slightly quartering away had him in the freezer i drew settled my pin behind his shoulder and pulled the trigger the arrow went to the right and low i could not belive where my arrow had hit after returning to camp i discovered mt sight was loose and about to fall off , we waited 5 hours before trying to recover the deer jumped him and never recovered him. makes me sick to lose one always check your equiptment before each hunt. :bash: :bash: :bash:
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Re: costly mistake

Postby gtk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:19 pm

been there, done that, except it wasn't a buck that big and I flat-out-missed.. sorry for your bad-luck.... :(
gtk
Admin

Postby brewer03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 pm

dang hate that for you. you know if you bow hunt long enough its gonna happen to you.
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 pm

:bash: I think most of us have been there in some form... it happens
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 pm

We all have been in a hurry to get packed, hit the road, and take a hunting trip somewhere and in the process skipped a few of the basic steps to insure our gear is ready for the hunt. However, even if you had checked your bow before the hunt, it is possible for a sight to get loose during the trip or even to simply break at the wrong time of something else could go wrong when you least expect it.

Read my account of my Mahannah hunt and you will see my crossbow and quiver bounced out of the buggy somewhere along the long trail into where I wanted to hunt. When I got to the hunt area, I no longer had a bow! After making five passes up and down the trail, I never did find my bow. Fortunately, I had a second bow with me on the trip.

Just chalk it up to how it goes and hope for better luck next time. Don't blame yourself because even if you had your gear in perfect condition it could still bounce out of the buggy on the way to the stand and you could lose it!

Sorry you missed a great buck. Better luck next time.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks guys it is still hard to swallow as much blood as the deer lost I am almost certian he died such a beutiful animal wasted but I have to blame myself and will gurantee it wont happen again..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk [url='http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10']now Free[/url]
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby LazyGhost » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Well, that does suck.

At least you didnt lose your bow and quiver in the woods! I only know of one person that thats ever happened to. Not sure how something like that could happen. A fella goes in the woods with a bow and quiver. And loses it. :roll: I could see dropping a release, a glove, thermocell, maybe an arrow, a wallet, a flashlight. Hell, i lost my underwear in the woods one time. :batt
LazyGhost
Pope&Young

Return to Archery