Lets Talk Archery..

What the best bow and arrow to use

Postby Countrygirl18 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:29 pm

What kind of bow and arrow would be the best to use
Countrygirl18
button buck

Re: What the best bow and arrow to use

Postby BigRic » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:08 pm

one that you are comfortable with. but to me the shorter the limbs the easier to maneuver. you will just have to find one you like.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby e_smith06 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Welcome to the site.

I would suggest going to an archery shop and shooting a few different models until you find one that you like. The employees can then fit your bow with a good arrow for your draw length/weight. Hope this helps.
TEAM FIVE 2015-2016
e_smith06
Boone&Crockett

Postby RSB » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:47 pm

e_smith06 wrote:Welcome to the site.

I would suggest going to an archery shop and shooting a few different models until you find one that you like. The employees can then fit your bow with a good arrow for your draw length/weight. Hope this helps.

:welcome: Welcome to MSDeer!
I agree go to a archery shop, you will be getting what you need! :ylsuper:
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw
RSB
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Welcome to the best hunting forum on the web.
You asked a hard question. The best is what is best for you. What you like and are comfortable with. Go to some archey shops and talk to them. Try several. If you have friends that bow hunt get them to show you what they use. Pick their brains for advice. I used an ols bow for a couple of years while I decided what I wanted. Ive used my bow I have now for several years.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 am

welcome countrygirl.. :welcome:

that's definitely not a simple question to answer.. I can't offer any advice other than what's already been stated.

If you are in near Desoto county, there is a nice bow show in Hernando now..
gtk
Admin

Postby bigsteve » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 am

Welcome I have enjoyed this sport over 40 years have over 70 bow kills as far as what is the best setup for you is one you can afford there is equiptment in a wide variety of price ranges . I suggest something woth paralell limbs no less than 32in in length and with 80 % letoff shorter bows are harder to shoot the. Brand name doesnt matter choose what you like I shoot carbon express arrows have for 20 years if it isnt broken no need to fix it choose an arrow that fits your bow weight and your draw length . Your rest is also important I shoot a qad drop away but a wisker biucut is alao a good choise for a beginner broad heads are also very important if you shoot less than 50 lbs I suggest a fixed blade muzzy or slick trick 100 grain pick a release that fits you also and the most important thing is a range finder and again you dont have to have the most expensive they come in a variety of price ranges from a $100 up. I use a bushnell yardage prow and last practice every chance you get the rewards are something that will last forever

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby Jhlawson80 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:35 am

We just got my 13 year old daughter the hoyt ignite. It is a great bow for women. It is adjustable from 15 to 70 pounds and draw length from 19 to 30 inches. It will definitely last a while, but I agree with all theses post, it is what you feel comfortable shooting and buying. Try as many bows as you can to find out what fits best for you. Most bow manufactures makes bows for women now. My wife shoots a mathews passion but she also likes my daughters hoyt as well. Some other bow companies that makes good bows for women is bear, diamond, bowtech, elite, pse, just to name some of the major companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jhlawson80
4 Point

Postby prospectinghunter » Fri May 16, 2014 10:38 am

The most important thing is you should also go into the shop with a budget in mind. Remember, it is not just the bow but a quiver, sight, release, arrow rest. Tell the bow shop employee what you can afford to spend so they can set you up in a bow correctly. Also, read reviews of the shop you are going to. Go to at least 2 shops so you can try different brands of bows. Each shop within a vicinity will carry different lines. Try to stay away from big box stores. You want personal service and someone that knows what they are doing. If you go into a shop and all they do is bad mouth the competition or say this brand and that brand that they do not sell sucks, then leave because they know nothing about the industry and are just money hungry.
prospectinghunter
button buck

Return to Archery