• Advertisement

Bows

Lets Talk Archery..

Bows

Postby LadyHunter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 pm

I see so many posting about getting new crossbows, and some of them look high tech and powerful. Is anyone going to use a compound this season? I am, while I honestly don't bow hunt as much as I use to, I still like my compound. I just wish it wasn't so hot !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Re: Bows

Postby jv » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:41 pm

When I first started bow hunting I was around 19 years old and started with a Fred Bear recurve and after several years went to a Bear compound. Last year after about 20 years of not bow hunting I got a Cross bow to hunt with because of a shoulder problem it was hard to use a compound. I got a Barnett because it was a reasonably priced bow and I loved it so I still hunt with it. The way I see it a well placed shot from any brand bow will kill a deer just as fast as a high priced high tech bow.
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby Curlyjack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 pm

I loved bow hunting, but due to a elbow injury I can't pull back a bow and hold it for a shot.
And right now I have to many other responsibilities to justify buying a cross bow. But hopefully in the future I can get one.
"TEAM 8 Antler Addicts"

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday. " John Wayne
Curlyjack
Non-Typical

Postby gtk » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:14 am

i will continue to use a compound. I don't bow hunt enough to justify the expense of a crossbow.
gtk
Admin

Postby triple_duece » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 am

I have a xbow but haven't hunted w it in years. I use my compound bow when hunting. I also have a custom long bow a friend made but I don't have the confidence to hunt with it yet.

Honestly I haven't picked a bow up since last October. Gonna pull it out today and shoot.
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby LadyHunter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:06 pm

I haven't shot since last year, but I set up the targets today. Everything seems to be sighted in. I have a couple of things on camera that make me want to get out and hunt!

To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby chadbragg » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:02 am

LadyHunter wrote:I haven't shot since last year, but I set up the targets today. Everything seems to be sighted in. I have a couple of things on camera that make me want to get out and hunt!

I switched to crossbow after i started my lawn business. I just didn't have time or want to practice in the heat after working in it all day. When i traveled i shot 50+ times a day, my 1st 2 seasons i hunted without practice i lost 3 deer. Thats when i made the decision to swap. This year i wanted to extend my range so i upgraded. I am looking forward to putting it to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TEAM Rack Stackers aka THE WINNERS!!!
chadbragg
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:23 am

I guess I am just not as mad at them as I use to be. Bow season is just to hot. I am like GTK, I just can't justify the expense. My oldest grandson is really getting into bow hunting and I have been helping him. While he hunts his own stand, I don't want him hunting alone, so I will be in the woods too.

To Old to Grow up Now!
2014/2015 Team 4

LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:39 am

As you all know bow hunting has been a passion of n mine for many years but due to shoulder issues I have been forced to go to the crossbow I love it I started with a Barnett fx3 raptor gave to me as a present from my family the only issue I had was the string jumped off while on a hunt in ark and I had to come home to get it fixed so I bought an e cxallibur Matrics 380 the most accurate bow I have ever shot

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Postby triple_duece » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm dialed in lol
triple_duece
10 Point