• Advertisement

My Bow!

Lets Talk Archery..

My Bow!

Postby STILLHUNTER » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Need a lil more maybe ALOT of Practice!!! :ylsuper: :stir:
User avatar
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Location: Calhoun City (BIG CREEK) Mississippi

Re: My Bow!

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:41 am

Thats a nice wee bow and some good grouping.
Guest
 

Re: My Bow!

Postby STILLHUNTER » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 pm

calebowhunter wrote:Thats a nice wee bow and some good grouping.


I plain on shootin atleast every other weekend before Our bow season starts :ylsuper: Ya its a Hoytt Cybertec Gotta take it to the bow shot and get it tuned a lil bit but besides that I LOVE IT! :ylsuper:
User avatar
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Location: Calhoun City (BIG CREEK) Mississippi

Re: My Bow!

Postby LazyGhost » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm

my bow pulls down when i shoot it and has a little right kick to it...Is that something they can tune? How much does a tuning cost?
Image
User avatar
LazyGhost
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 pm
Location: Bolton, MS

Re: My Bow!

Postby STILLHUNTER » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:15 pm

LazyGhost wrote:my bow pulls down when i shoot it and has a little right kick to it...Is that something they can tune? How much does a tuning cost?


Ya i firgure they can if they know what there doin and i firgure 40 to 60 are somin like that
User avatar
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Location: Calhoun City (BIG CREEK) Mississippi

Re: My Bow!

Postby fastarrow » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am

LazyGhost wrote:my bow pulls down when i shoot it and has a little right kick to it...Is that something they can tune? How much does a tuning cost?


Not sure what you mean when you say it pulls down when shot? But the right kick can be tuned out at any decent bow shop. Tuneing will cost between $15-$25. :)
I AIN'T EATING NO BOLOGNA!!!!!!!!!
fastarrow
button buck
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:45 am
Location: Ocean Springs, MS.

Re: My Bow!

Postby LazyGhost » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I may be mistaken about it pulling down. Been a while since ive shot it so I cant say for sure. It does have a kick however.

Recommend a good bow shop in Central Ms other than Bill's Archery? I dont really have a problem with Bill's work but that last time I was in there I didnt get proper service. I was shopping for my first "new" bow (the bow I now have) and didnt know what my draw length was. A friend said I could stop by Bill's and they could help me. I stopped by there one afternoon and there was only one other customer in the store and the guy working was doing some work on his bow. He asked me what I needed and I said that I needed to know my draw length. He said he would help me as soon as he was finished with the other customer. I told him no problem. He and the customer were chatty but I didnt mind waiting. I Hung out right there with them while he cut his arrows, put a loop on the string, and did some other stuff that I cant remember.
One hour later he finally finishes with the other customer. He then checked my draw length, which took all of 3 seconds. I had never had my draw length checked before and didnt know what it would entail. After such a long wait, I was shocked when I realized how simple it was. Maybe im in the wrong on this one, but I think he could have taken 3 seconds out of the other customers time to help me and send me on my way. Making me wait for an hour for something so simple was just ridiculous in my opinion.
Image
User avatar
LazyGhost
Pope&Young
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 pm
Location: Bolton, MS

Re: My Bow!

Postby STILLHUNTER » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:49 pm

LazyGhost wrote:I may be mistaken about it pulling down. Been a while since ive shot it so I cant say for sure. It does have a kick however.

Recommend a good bow shop in Central Ms other than Bill's Archery? I dont really have a problem with Bill's work but that last time I was in there I didnt get proper service. I was shopping for my first "new" bow (the bow I now have) and didnt know what my draw length was. A friend said I could stop by Bill's and they could help me. I stopped by there one afternoon and there was only one other customer in the store and the guy working was doing some work on his bow. He asked me what I needed and I said that I needed to know my draw length. He said he would help me as soon as he was finished with the other customer. I told him no problem. He and the customer were chatty but I didnt mind waiting. I Hung out right there with them while he cut his arrows, put a loop on the string, and did some other stuff that I cant remember.
One hour later he finally finishes with the other customer. He then checked my draw length, which took all of 3 seconds. I had never had my draw length checked before and didnt know what it would entail. After such a long wait, I was shocked when I realized how simple it was. Maybe im in the wrong on this one, but I think he could have taken 3 seconds out of the other customers time to help me and send me on my way. Making me wait for an hour for something so simple was just ridiculous in my opinion.


I second that!!! I hate it when u know theres time to get somin done and they want jus get it out of the way! I need to have my draw length Check Think im going to Lakeway In Grenada,MS
User avatar
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Location: Calhoun City (BIG CREEK) Mississippi

Re: My Bow!

Postby slabsides45 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:57 pm

I just dealt with Chad down at Lakeway the other day. He's Jason's "bow guy," as Jason puts it, and he hooked me up on a new bow, complete with the measuring draw length and all, putting on my loop, sight, rest, and a rough sighting in-all in about an hour and 15 minutes.

I bought an MQ1 from Lakeway years ago, now a Z7. Hope I'll have the Z7 for as long as I had the MQ1, but when I get ready to do business again, that's where I'll be headed.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill
slabsides45
button buck
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: My Bow!

Postby STILLHUNTER » Sun May 02, 2010 8:27 pm

slabsides45 wrote:I just dealt with Chad down at Lakeway the other day. He's Jason's "bow guy," as Jason puts it, and he hooked me up on a new bow, complete with the measuring draw length and all, putting on my loop, sight, rest, and a rough sighting in-all in about an hour and 15 minutes.

I bought an MQ1 from Lakeway years ago, now a Z7. Hope I'll have the Z7 for as long as I had the MQ1, but when I get ready to do business again, that's where I'll be headed.


Was that the older guy in there? He put a loop on my OLD proline a while Back.. Ya i gotta take my Cybertec down there and see if he will paper shoot it for me and and do a lil Tunein on it before season starts.
User avatar
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Location: Calhoun City (BIG CREEK) Mississippi

Re: My Bow!

Postby slabsides45 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:57 pm

No, I saw the older guy in there and we spoke briefly. Chad is the younger guy with (at that time, at least) a beard. Good folks, both of them.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill
slabsides45
button buck
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:45 pm


Return to Archery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron