• Advertisement

Too bad I wasn't...

Talk Turkey

Too bad I wasn't...

Postby ufgators68 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 am

on one of the turkey teams this year. I fooled around and killed one. :lol:

9.5" beard, 3/4" & 7/8" spurs & 20+ pounds. Didn't have a scale handy so that's just a guesstimate.

That new Remington 870 turkey gun did a number on that ole boy's head.

I had been calling to a bird all morning and was making my way around to him when I stopped to see if he was still where I last heard him. I called, he gobbled back... that's when this one and another gobbled right around the curve from me. Literally right. around. the. curve. I moved to the road ditch, stashed my call in my pocket and got ready. A little dude, maybe 4" beard, came around the curve first and looked around then went off in the woods. The one I killed came around next, all I could see was his beard at first... then he poked his head out from behind some brush, looking for that hen, and I let him have some lead.

Can't wait to get back this weekend. Including his little buddy, there were 3 more gobblers tearing it up last Friday morning. :ylsuper:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Re: Too bad I wasn't...

Postby gtk » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am

Congrats on the bird ! What kind of call is that ?

How comfortable is that stock when toting it through the woods? i need to replace the stock on my 870.

if you would visit here more than once every 4 months you would have known we had a contest :moon
gtk
Admin

Postby ufgators68 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 pm

gtk wrote:Congrats on the bird ! What kind of call is that ?

How comfortable is that stock when toting it through the woods? i need to replace the stock on my 870.

if you would visit here more than once every 4 months you would have known we had a contest :moon

I do visit, I just don't post much anymore.

That stock is awesome. Combined with a 21" barrel, it is really easy to maneuver through the woods and hold it really steady when you shoot. That dang gun kicks like a freaking mule. Guess I'm just used to a inertia drive, semi auto with a ported choke. :oops:

The call is a Magnolia Game Calls - Glass over Black Walnut(I think it's black walnut). I've had it two seasons and I have called in plenty of turkeys... I just haven't been able to close the deal on one.

ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby sidog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 pm

:ylsuper: Good Job!I hope to make My first hunt of the season this weekend.
sidog
Non-Typical

Postby huntall » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Congrats! Great job
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum