• Advertisement

Jimmy G's Turkeys

Talk Turkey

Jimmy G's Turkeys

Postby gtk » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:00 am

On the way to work this a.m., in a field just west of JimmyG's subdivision, there was about 15 turkeys near the road... Two of them were gobblers, strutting to beat all :)
gtk
Admin

Postby Jimmyg » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 pm

gtk just stick the knife in a little deeper and give it a good turn or two will ya.

here I am driving an hour to my club to hunt turkeys and i basically got'em in my back yard. i guess that little thing called trespassing keeps me from going over there and killing one of those gobblers. i've seen them as well over the last couple of days. i'm cursed, what can i say.
Don't be stupid you idiot!
Jimmyg
6 Point

Postby gtk » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:01 pm

Jimmyg wrote:gtk just stick the knife in a little deeper and give it a good turn or two will ya.

here I am driving an hour to my club to hunt turkeys and i basically got'em in my back yard. i guess that little thing called trespassing keeps me from going over there and killing one of those gobblers. i've seen them as well over the last couple of days. i'm cursed, what can i say.

Yeah, Mr White will, and does, prosecute to the fullest extent of the law !
gtk
Admin

Postby leepurvis » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:37 am

may be time to get in some practice with those calls! I hear that most of the hens are starting to nest so should be some love-sick gobblers ready to do a little walking. Maybe you can talk him over to your side of the fence.
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby Jimmyg » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Well I went to my club this morning and only heard one gobble. I called my wife to let her know I was on the way home, she was picking up our little girl from Center Hill Elementary School, she goes a half day for special ed therapy/pre-school, and she said there was a big 'ole tom in a field right by the school strutting and having a good ole time.

I'm driving to Ripley 2X's a week to hunt and I got turkeys all around my house in OB. I'm jinked, I'm sure of it.
Jimmyg
6 Point

Postby gtk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:53 am

JimmyG,

Saw the turkeys again yesterday evening, then again this morning :)
gtk
Admin

Postby Jimmyg » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:40 pm

You're killing me GTK
Jimmyg
6 Point

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum