• Advertisement

welp

Talk Turkey

welp

Postby brewer03 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 am

Its over for 11 months and it was one of the weirdest turkey seasons I remember. I ended up getting 1 (illegal) bird and it was on public land.. I kilt a super jake with a 4 3/16 inch beard on a draw hunt... great talk with the wma manager and no ticket... but just a terrible feeling in my gut. he came in with a big ole boss gobbler 3 or 4 other jakes and 6 or 7 hens... My jake and the gobbler swapped places behind a tree and the jake pade fer it....

It was a good season that I will have some good memories aswell as some bad ones.... I hunted as hard as I ever hunted for these dang birds and got to witness many a beautiful sunrises.... Got to witness a new turkey hunter get his bird and it was a bird of a lifetime... My turkey hunting buddy limited out as we hunted together on each bird he killed with the shooters coming up on the side of our set up that he could shoot...

as far as the contest I apologize to my team mates and I didn't attempt to enter my jake because it was not a legal bird but if we are on the same team next year I will do better....

Just landed me a turkey hunting membership in a deer camp that has no turkey hunter and they have birds everywhere... Went to look at it and a member and I went to hunt. we got to a listening spot and were smack dab in the middle of 6 gobblers but I didn't know the layout of the land. we made a choice went after a bird.. called a hen in but couldn't get the gobble to cross a creek..... we rode around rest of the day looking at the land.. cant wait for next march

little long but that's about my season in a nut shell Now time to start shootin the bow and catchin a few fish

:ylsuper: :ylsuper:
Triple Threat 2015- 2016

Serious Six 2014-2015

Rajun Sardis Bucks
2013-2014 deer hunting champs

life is great the oppurtunity to hunt and fish make it even better
brewer03
Pope&Young

Re: welp

Postby RoadRanger » Thu May 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Sounds like you had a very eventful season if nothing else!
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby huntall » Fri May 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Yep...kinda strange season for sure!
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Postby BigRic » Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 pm

even stranger is today in the sod field south of town was a gobbler mating a hen and 6 gobblers fighting. wide open field next to the highway. and the season is over. buddy got pic's with his phone.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum