• Advertisement

Have I told you how much I hate public land.

Talk Turkey

Have I told you how much I hate public land.

Postby razrback » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:24 am

Saturday morning after dodging tornados all night I got up and went to the Tenn-Tom Corp Land. Usually it is less crowded than the refuge well opening morning looked like a turkey hunters convention. Two trucks were parked in my spot, so I went to another spot and parked. There I am walking down a trail and see a guy 200 yards away waving. :( So I turned around and went back to the powerline set up there. Haven't had my decoy out 15 minutes and the storm clouds rolled in, wind started blowing and raining. I got up already ticked off and got my decoy. I looked up the powerline on a hill top and what do you know 2 guys are standing there one puffing on a cigarette. So I talked to them for a minute and left. That was the crappiest opening morning I have ever seen. I just want to :bash: . Maybe next weekend there will be less people or maybe I will just have to beat them there. Oh by the way did not hear a single bird.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent
razrback
6 Point

Re: Have I told you how much I hate public land.

Postby gtk » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 am

i imagine the further into the season you get, it will get better for you.. Of course the birds will be call shy by then :smash:
gtk
Admin

Postby mhn » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 am

Been there many times, but the good news is the birds aren't really fired up right now and most people will move on to other things (fishing) in a few weeks. Be patient.
mhn
8 Point

Postby jv » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 am

It's not the public land it's the public :W: :)
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum