• Advertisement

For the second time this season...

Talk Turkey

For the second time this season...

Postby ufgators68 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:47 am

I had a field full of turkeys in front of me and I missed the gobbler I shot at. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And the one I missed happened to be the boss gobbler that I've been listening to for 3 years without ever seeing. I think I'm gonna go cry now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby ghc » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:27 pm

Reb, You're looking at it the wrong way. I would refer to that as "Catch and Release!" :lol:
ghc
4 Point

Postby ufgators68 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:01 pm

ghc wrote:Reb, You're looking at it the wrong way. I would refer to that as "Catch and Release!" :lol:

:shock: :shock:

I prefer to do that with fish only...lol. Only thing I can figure is I'm jerking the trigger. I checked the scope and pattern. Out to 40 yards, it ought to put a hurtin' on them. At 25 yards it bodyslams the target I use, literally.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby jbullard1 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:24 pm

:?: Could it be turkey fever :P I get it worse than buck fever At least youre getting close enough for a shot
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:47 am

jbullard1 wrote::?: Could it be turkey fever :P I get it worse than buck fever At least youre getting close enough for a shot

I know that's part of it. :oops: :oops: :oops: I was breathing hard and shaking when I heard them coming up behind me. :lol: :lol: :lol: It's been a long time since I was that excited about shooting a game animal. Only time I do any shaking with deer is when I have my bow and it's a buck in front of me or after I've killed a nice buck, with my rifle, my knees start shaking. If it's a big'un I have to wait a few minutes before I get down.

I sure would've loved to make that one my first bird. He's got a thick 10"+ beard, couldn't see the spurs and he is considerably larger than the two other gobblers that were with the group. In all, I saw 13 turkeys yesterday morning. It was for sure a good, should've been a great day. :lol: :lol:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:44 am

ghc wrote:Reb, You're looking at it the wrong way. I would refer to that as "Catch and Release!" :lol:

:P :lol:
gtk
Admin

Postby razrback » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:34 am

Well at least you got to take a shot, heck at least you got to see one only turkey in the woods I have seen has been me and one lousy hen.

Anyone else having difficulty seeing anything this year? I've only heard them gobbling one day seems like something isn't right.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent
razrback
6 Point

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum