• Advertisement

Bow Season

Bow Season

Postby jalbrsn » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Saturday Morning Oct.11
Moon Phase:Waxing gibbous 84% full
Temp: Low 59 High 84
Barometric Pressure: 30.10

I got to my stand well before daylight and set up. I just knew it was going to be a good morning but started out slow. Finally around 7:40 something caught my eye and it was a doe running full speed though the woods and staight across the pipline. I don't know what spooked her but it got me on my toes. Then about 8:00 three more doe came walking up on one of the closest trails which is about 10 yards from the stand. They where grazing around and finally one offered a shot so I went to draw back and my bow hit the plastic buckle on my safety vest and that was the last of those deer. I sat there intil 10:15 and then went home. :bash:

Saturday morning Oct.18
Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous 85% of full
Temp: Low 45 High 69
Barometric Pressure: 30.17

I got to my stand before daylight. Things were slow but finally around 8:00 four doe come down the same trail as the last ones did the week before. One gave me a perfect shot less then 15 yards and like always I missed. They all ran about 20 yards and stopped and looked back then ran off again to the pipeline which is about 80 yards from the stand. I'm getting mad at myself for missing and then all of the sudden they come back and one stood broadside 30 yards I shot and hit. I saw the arrow hit and I saw it in her when she ran off. I waited and my son and I, which was in the stand with me went and looked and followed a little bit of blood. We looked for 3 hours and found nothing. We left to go home about 11:00am

Saturday morning Oct. 25
Moon Phase: Waning Cresent 11% of full
Temp: Low 45 High 66
Barometric Pressure: 30.15

I did things a little different this time. I went and sit in my box stand which I gun hunt out of but I did take my bow because I can shoot my bow out of it if I needed too. I wanted to see the deer movement on my pipline since gun season is getting closer. At 7:15 two doe came across the middle of my field about 250 yards away. Then I had 3 does, a moma and two little ones come across the middle of my pipeline at 8:06 and grazed around for about 10 min. and then they went into the cutover. The same 3 came back out and crossed again. At 8:50 2 does crossed the bottom of the pipeline and went into the cutover. At 9:01 3 more doe came out and graze around for a few mins. and walked down my pipline to within 100 yards of my box stand and went into the cutover. I left about 9:30
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Re: Bow Season

Postby jalbrsn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Saturday Morning Nov.1
Moon Phase:Waxing Crescent 6% of full
Temp:Low 42 High 73
Barometric Pressure: 30.42

Well this hunt didn't last very long. Night before i got sick but I still went anyway. I got setup and around 7:40 I had 3 does come up and as soon as the biggest offered a shot i released and connected. I waited about ten minutes and went and looked for my arrow and blood. I got to my arrow and it was covered in blood :) . I followed blood and about 100 yards later found my first bow kill. Big old fat nanny. Gutted and loaded drove back stuck her in the walk-in cooler. I got home feeling like crap. Took a shower and went to the hospital and thats where I was for 3 days.
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Re: Bow Season

Postby jalbrsn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Saturday morning Nov.8
Moon Phase:Waxing Gibbous 70% of full
Temp: Low 39 High 61
Barometric Pressure: 29.97

This morning was awesome. I went to watch the deer movement for youth season so i know I can get my son on some deer for the following week. Got in my stand at daylight. The deer movement started at 6:40. Most of the deer were coming from woods and heading into the cutover to bed up. They would come out one at a time to six at a time. There was deer all over my pipeline this morning. All the deer was doe except one which was a spike. I'm ready for the big ones to come out. Got out of my stand at 9:25. In that short amount of time I saw a total of 39 deer. Watch out deer I'm finished with the bow and gun season is near(2 more Saturdays) :D
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Return to Jalbrsn's Journal