• Advertisement

Youth Hunt

Youth Hunt

Postby jalbrsn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:34 am

Nov. 15 Saturday Morning

Myself,wife and my 9 year old got into my box stand about 30 min. before daylight got settled in and waited for movement. It started off slow and finally around 7:30 a doe came into the food plot full speed did a u-turn and back in the woods :? . About 15 min later another doe caome in the food plot grazing perfect shot at 80 yards. He shoots and connects. Waited about 30 min and went and found blood. We got to edge of the field and jumped her up. We went back to the stand and waited. During the time of waiting we had another doe come into the food plot and feed for about 45 min. We left about 9:50 and followed blood about 200 yards and lost blood and after a few hours of looking we had to give up. We hated that.
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Re: Youth Hunt

Postby jalbrsn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:42 am

Nov 16 Sunday Afternoon

We got settled in the stand about 3:30. Straight up 4:00 we had a doe walk out on the pipeline about 140 yards. I suggested that he should let it walk cause it was way to small and he did :) . Finally close to dark we had a spike walk staight down my shooting lane that leads to the food plot. The buck came within 60 yards of the stand and offered a perfect shot. The buck didn't make it out of the food plot. He was happy
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Return to Jalbrsn's Journal