• Advertisement

south hunt for A HUNT ABOVE

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

south hunt for A HUNT ABOVE

Postby BigRic » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:43 pm

who's going to the hunt...I for one am going to try to be there.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Re: south hunt for A HUNT ABOVE

Postby FireCloud » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I hope to go to one of the hunts if work permits me to get the time off. It's a toss up between the South and North hunts for me.

The deciding factor might be if you agree to fix the Easy Crawfish Fettucini recipe for anyone who comes down the night before the Hunt Above event. You are going to do that aren't you? :W:
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby BigRic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 am

by the time I get off I don't have the time to cook. :W: ...that's why I married a cook. ;) ....
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:18 pm

There is another big hunt on the same weekend that benifits handicapped kids in Natchez. I hate they are on the same weekend because I would love to participate in both. I wish there was a way for the two hunts to be on different weekends, or for them to work together and join forces. I have been working with the other group for about 10 years so I wouldn't want to jump ship on them, so I won't be able to attend. :(
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:59 pm

glenn wrote:There is another big hunt on the same weekend that benifits handicapped kids in Natchez. I hate they are on the same weekend because I would love to participate in both. I wish there was a way for the two hunts to be on different weekends, or for them to work together and join forces. I have been working with the other group for about 10 years so I wouldn't want to jump ship on them, so I won't be able to attend. :(

Attendance is optional. You can just send your money and those of us who attend will eat your plate of food and shoot your share of the squirrels for you. After all, what are friends for? Can we also borrow your dogs? :D

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 pm

FireCloud wrote:
glenn wrote:There is another big hunt on the same weekend that benifits handicapped kids in Natchez. I hate they are on the same weekend because I would love to participate in both. I wish there was a way for the two hunts to be on different weekends, or for them to work together and join forces. I have been working with the other group for about 10 years so I wouldn't want to jump ship on them, so I won't be able to attend. :(

Attendance is optional. You can just send your money and those of us who attend will eat your plate of food and shoot your share of the squirrels for you. After all, what are friends for? Can we also borrow your dogs? :D

The only real problem I have with any of that is where you want to eat my food!!! That's just sorry!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby reesguide » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:40 pm

glenn wrote:
FireCloud wrote:

The only real problem I have with any of that is where you want to eat my food!!! That's just sorry!

That's great, looks like this gonna work out. I will deliver your food to you Friday evening and pick the dogs up while I am there. :stir: :stir:
Your support and kindness is greatly appreciated!!! :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
"Team Tenth Legion"

RIP my freind, this seasons for you!!
reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby glenn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:23 pm

reesguide wrote:
glenn wrote:
FireCloud wrote:

That's great, looks like this gonna work out. I will deliver your food to you Friday evening and pick the dogs up while I am there. :stir: :stir:

I think she is ready and will also retrieve for you, ducks anyway. I'll send you directions. :W: :W:
click on the picture:
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby reesguide » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 pm

glenn wrote:
reesguide wrote:
glenn wrote:
FireCloud wrote:

I think she is ready and will also retrieve for you, ducks anyway. I'll send you directions. :W: :W:
click on the picture:

We may need her, got alot of shooters but not too many dogs on the North hunt at this point. Labs are jacks of all trades!!!!! Wont be without one again, I hope.
"Team Tenth Legion"

RIP my freind, this seasons for you!!
reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby FireCloud » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Yep, she looks ready for the hunt. Nice looking dog.

Just curious how many have signed up so far for the various hunts?

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby BigRic » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:14 pm

ain't heard nothing on the south hunt
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:23 pm

She got to go on her first squirrel hunt Saturday afternoon. She treed 3 times, but only got 1 shot out to her. My son took her by himself and said it was tough trying to pull vines and shoot, both at the same time. He said she barks some, but mostly tries to climb the tree.
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby Smacko » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:04 pm

BigRic wrote:ain't heard nothing on the south hunt

IT'S COMING....
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015