• Advertisement

Waiting On The Front Steps

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Waiting On The Front Steps

Postby FireCloud » Wed May 04, 2011 12:29 am

You know your squirrels are a bit too tame when they start waiting on the front steps for you to come home! :D

- 129.jpg

This one was lounging on the front steps of a house in the Belhaven area here in Jackson.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Waiting On The Front Steps

Postby dustygoodson » Wed May 04, 2011 2:06 pm

:thumbsup: look like he or she gets feed good
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby STILLHUNTER » Wed May 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Gotta be stuffed!!!! :W: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Looks like a ole house cat waitin on ya!!!!
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree

Postby gtk » Wed May 04, 2011 7:40 pm

what are you fattening him up on? corn ? sunflowers?
gtk
Admin

Postby RoadRanger » Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey firecloud... I just got a new route at fedex and tomorrow is my first day. Been training on it the past two days and you live in my area.. I drove by today to see if you may be standing in the yard or something.. didnt see you but If ya see a fedex express truck after 1030 around there it will be me!!
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Wed May 04, 2011 9:01 pm

HA HA...that's funny. I have an order of business cards coming soon...will be funny to see you bringing them up the front walk!

Glad you got the new job. Looks like you are doing a "George Jefferson"....movin' on up!!

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 pm

GTK, this is not one of my squirrels. My squirrels run for cover every time they see me, as does everything else around here because I pop off critters all the time just to keep my shooting skills up to peak level. Even the little lizards hanging out on my kitchen window screen have learned to run when they see me enter the room lest I blast them with the sink sprayer. It is amazing how quickly animals learn to fear you if you harrass them regularly.

I have a sadistic streak which began about age 5 when I would sit for hours frying ants on the sidewalk with a magnifying glass just to watch them "pop" when they fried to a crisp. I think the squirrels in my trees figured that out last year when I started shooting blow gun darts at them just for fun. Never managed to hit any but I got close enough to freak them out for sure.

This squirrel was photographed at a house in Belhaven, which is a Historic District neighborhood with tons of huge oaks everywhere. They gorge on acorns all day and they see people everywhere. They are really very tame, almost like squirrels in a city park. This one never moved from his position on the front steps when I stopped in front of the house, rolled down the car window, and took a few pictures of him....from about 15 feet away. Guess maybe the folks that live there might have a similar model car or either this squirrel just enjoys watching the traffic go by.

- 128.jpg

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Return to Small Game & Varmits