• Advertisement

Coon Hunt -N Mississippi

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Coon Hunt -N Mississippi

Postby Poser » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:54 am

Howdy. I live in Memphis and hunt quite a bit on public lands North Mississippi. I am a experienced hunter, but not so much when it comes to coon hunting. I do go during the Summer season and spotlight for eyes, but that can be a bit frustrating.

I am looking for anyone who has coon dogs and would be willing to let me tag along during July and/or August. I am only interested in raccoon meat (-you can keep the pelts, if desired) and I consider wandering around the woods in the dark to be a good time. I am a tough, fit, and motivated hunter.
Public Land Hunter.
Its doesn't have to be "fun" to be fun.
Poser
button buck

Re: Coon Hunt -N Mississippi

Postby LadyHunter » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:23 am

Welcome Poser!! :welcome: :welcome:

Should be somebody on here to help you out!
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby Poser » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks! :)
Public Land Hunter.
Poser
button buck

Postby FireCloud » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see there is at least one more person on here besides me who is willing to eat raccoon meat. :D

Was just thinking today I need to get in the woods and bag a coon or two. I don't have dogs either and just hunt on my own small 20 acres of land for the beasts. They roam all up and down the creek that runs through my land. I like to sit in one of my deer stands and watch the creek for them on a bright moonlit night. Because I know my land well, I tend to know their patterns, where they den, and the trails they will use.

If you are ever in Jackson and want to try your hand at night still hunting for coons, let me know. I will be happy for you to kill every one you can and keep the meat. I have photos on my game camera of as many as seven or eight coons at my feeder location at one time. Even when I don't even have the feeder hanging out there, the coons still come by to check the location nearly every single night. They also like to dig in the mineral station area.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby Poser » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for the response and offer, Firecloud. Jackson is a little far South for my usual range. I generally head to Holly Springs NTl Forrest, Arkabutla or Sardis areas. Though, the Delta is certainly within reach as well. That being said, I do have some friends in Holmes county that I haven't seen in awhile. I'll let you know if I come through there again and may take you up on that offer.
Public Land Hunter.
Poser
button buck

Return to Small Game & Varmits