• Advertisement

A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Re: A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Postby jbullard1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 pm

I have a well here on my place that I would donate to a cattle farmer or anyone wanting smaller size post holes. It is apprx 40 years old and cased with a 4" steel pipe so it will be easy to pull only thing is you need a cutting torch to trim it to post hole lengths
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby mag shooter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 pm

MACDADDY wrote:GOOD TIMES !

Hey you old goat :D
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:52 pm

saddaddykiller wrote:
mag shooter wrote:Here is a little food for thought for any doubters ............ how many degrees in a circle ? how many degrees in a square ?

u want the answer in celcius or fahrenheight degrees?

Yes .......... at 5000 ft above sea level
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:57 pm

jbullard1 wrote:I have a well here on my place that I would donate to a cattle farmer or anyone wanting smaller size post holes. It is apprx 40 years old and cased with a 4" steel pipe so it will be easy to pull only thing is you need a cutting torch to trim it to post hole lengths

That's might nice of ya ............ but " donate " kinda cuts into my new business venture
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby saddaddykiller » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:15 pm

jbullard1 wrote:I have a well here on my place that I would donate to a cattle farmer or anyone wanting smaller size post holes. It is apprx 40 years old and cased with a 4" steel pipe so it will be easy to pull only thing is you need a cutting torch to trim it to post hole lengths

yeah u can remove the pipe from the ground but not the hole.....
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby leepurvis » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:23 pm

glenn wrote:How many of you have seen what you thought to be a poorly sharpened chainsaw instead of cutting a straight line start curving one way or the other? Those particular saws are used to cut holes. By adjusting the angle and degree on each tooth from one side of the bar to the other you can make it cut whatever size hole you want. Well, it's pretty much 32" and larger, but an expert sharpener can get smaller ones. I can see that some of you are not nearly as well educated as I previously thought.

so do you let the chain dull or do you sharpen it poorly? Also if you sharpen it, can you use a standard rat-tail file or do you need a special one?
Lee

"Dear Life, when I said "Can my day get any worse?" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge"- Will Ferrell

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Thomas Paine
leepurvis
Pope&Young

Postby fourthhorseman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Yall can explain the finer points of well removal and all that jazz but yall have not gotten down to 1 little detail. How in the world is Bullie gonna sale Mag a well that is buried on Gov. land. From what I understand you cannot remove minerals or agriculture or anything else from Gov. land without specific written approval. I think Bullie is trying to put 1 over on Mag and gonna make a hefty lil profit off Gov. property. They will find out about this lil sale somehow and then they are gonna want to repo that well and Mag will be out however much money plus he'll have a heck of a migraine trying to explain how he got it in the 1st place. I'm just sayin....
Beware all furry creatures for I am the Harbinger of Death.

QSMA Member, 3rd Apprentice, and Squirrel Commander
fourthhorseman
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:15 pm

fourthhorseman wrote:Yall can explain the finer points of well removal and all that jazz but yall have not gotten down to 1 little detail. How in the world is Bullie gonna sale Mag a well that is buried on Gov. land. From what I understand you cannot remove minerals or agriculture or anything else from Gov. land without specific written approval. I think Bullie is trying to put 1 over on Mag and gonna make a hefty lil profit off Gov. property. They will find out about this lil sale somehow and then they are gonna want to repo that well and Mag will be out however much money plus he'll have a heck of a migraine trying to explain how he got it in the 1st place. I'm just sayin....

TELL IT BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!

The ownership issue of said well is at the very heart of this matter .
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby Bullie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 pm

#1 Sometimes folks get mired down with unimportant details and (B) it was Mag that was trying to take advantage of me. He intended to make lots of money on our deal and that wasn't very fair. The most fairest thing he could have down would have been to pay me for the well and then split the profits. In cash of course.
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby mag shooter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:20 am

Bullie wrote:#1 Sometimes folks get mired down with unimportant details and (B) it was Mag that was trying to take advantage of me. He intended to make lots of money on our deal and that wasn't very fair. The most fairest thing he could have down would have been to pay me for the well and then split the profits. In cash of course.

I know how much you love list but if you don't mind , stick with either numbers or letters . It confuses me something awful when you mix em ..........

#1 Me take advantage of YOU :shock: hardly..............

#2 Why would me making a small profit be unfair ?

#3 Had I paid you for the well and then split the profits .... that would make you a Democrat and I just couldn't do that to a friend :D
mag shooter
4 Point

Previous

Return to Small Game & Varmits