• Advertisement

A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Re: A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Postby Bullie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

mag shooter wrote:
Bullie wrote:That well actually (sorta) belongs to Magshooter. Though, he never paid me for it. Glad y'all didn't fall in it or damage it in any way what with it being Mag's well and all.

More than willing to pay you for it ............ a clear title is all I require . With the recent bad turn in the economy however, I can not honor the " first " agreed upon price , we would have to ren ..... renego...... renegoti......come up with a new price .

We really have two things going on here. #1 Is the well itself. I agreed to writing you a bill of sale with a full description at the time of purchase and (B) the price was fair then and I reckon is still fair. Labor costs haven't dropped enough to effect the value of a well.
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby mag shooter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Bullie wrote:

We really have two things going on here. #1 Is the well itself. I agreed to writing you a bill of sale with a full description at the time of purchase and (B) the price was fair then and I reckon is still fair. Labor costs haven't dropped enough to effect the value of a well.

While a bill of sale might suffice in most situations , I don't feel as though it would concerning this well . The fact that it sits on government land has me just a might cautious , thus my requirement for a Title . Again you are quite correct in that labor cost have not dropped enough to warrant a change in value . What has caused the value to decrease significantly is the bottom has fallen out ( no pun intended )of the opportunity that was available when we first talked of the purchase .
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby glenn » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:24 pm

It looks like everyone had a great time. I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year it will work out for me.
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:33 pm

mag shooter wrote:
Bullie wrote:

While a bill of sale might suffice in most situations , I don't feel as though it would concerning this well . The fact that it sits on government land has me just a might cautious , thus my requirement for a Title . Again you are quite correct in that labor cost have not dropped enough to warrant a change in value . What has caused the value to decrease significantly is the bottom has fallen out ( no pun intended )of the opportunity that was available when we first talked of the purchase .

The problem with providing a title is that this is an 1863 model well. While being a perfectly good well, you will have to agree that it is much too old to have a serial number and therefore a title is unnecessary.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby bubu » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

I would have to have the title Mag or you could be stuck with it for life.
Home of ChipnDells "Stroker"Ace
bubu
Spike

Postby Bullie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Bubu, I really don't know how you got involved with a business deal between myself and Magshooter but you just have to understand that there is no title passed on an 1863 model well. When he pays his taxes on the well he will get a receipt that will be just as good as a title.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby mag shooter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Bullie wrote:
The problem with providing a title is that this is an 1863 model well. While being a perfectly good well, you will have to agree that it is much too old to have a serial number and therefore a title is unnecessary.

This causes yet more problems . 1st would be that I had no idea it was that old and possibly not sound enough for my intended use . 2nd would be how do you know it was constructed in 1863 ? More important for a sale .... do you have documentation to verify it's age ( NO , a note from you will not suffice ) ?
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby Bullie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Well, I just looked at it and came up with that date. It's a trick I learned from my dad. Anytime we are riding around and an old car passes by he says, "That's a 1957 1/2 blah blah blah roadster blah blah blah". I figure he knows more about cars than I do so I accept his word as gospel. I am kinda that same way on old wells. Its gospel....

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby BigRic » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 pm

we got some of those around here too. they are not in as pristine shape as that one. It looks like a good deal if it can be worked out between ya'll. I would say it looks more like a 1934 though.
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm

1934? Are you serious? What in the world qualifies you to make such a claim? That well is obviously much older than 1934.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby mag shooter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 pm

As much as it pains me to say this , BigRic I think Bullie is right............. it's older than 34 .
Bullie , your Dad knows his cars so I'll take your word on the well being a 1863 well . This is your LUCKY day !!! After you told me the date of diggin it jogged my memory . A couple of months back while working on a really old house I found 2 blank checks from a bank in Springfield Mo. that were dated 1865 . While this is the wrong date it would solve our problems . I figure that I would just fill in the amount and sign it ( you are paid for the well ) and ( it would be documentation of the wells age to satisfy me ) .................... we both WIN !!!!!!!

I'm glad that we can finally resolve this deal
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby Todd Macko » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 am

Bullie wrote:Bubu, I really don't know how you got involved with a business deal between myself and Magshooter but ...

:W: Bubu forgot the old saying leave "well" enough alone!

:D

P.S. Had a fantastic time out there guys. Bullie, you were a great host and thanks for the hunt. The kids had a blast. Bryce is still talking about jiggs and that coon!
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby Bullie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 am

mag shooter wrote:As much as it pains me to say this , BigRic I think Bullie is right............. it's older than 34 .
Bullie , your Dad knows his cars so I'll take your word on the well being a 1863 well . This is your LUCKY day !!! After you told me the date of diggin it jogged my memory . A couple of months back while working on a really old house I found 2 blank checks from a bank in Springfield Mo. that were dated 1865 . While this is the wrong date it would solve our problems . I figure that I would just fill in the amount and sign it ( you are paid for the well ) and ( it would be documentation of the wells age to satisfy me ) .................... we both WIN !!!!!!!

I'm glad that we can finally resolve this deal

You are a genius! This does solve almost all of our issues. Leaving only one that I can think of and when it is resolved I think we can put this whole issue to rest. You remember way back when we started this transaction we agreed that the price would be paid in cash? I am sure you do. At any rate, we both know that I can not accept a check for the purchase. BUT, I think you have solved this problem without even trying. This is what I suggest. Make the check payable to your new business associate Bubu, you know..the fellow with all the suggestions and input, and he travel up to Missouri and cash said checks and then bring my money back to Mississippi. Now, I can see how this would be a bother to Magshooter's Redi-Made Post Holes Inc. so I suggest you make the checks out like it were a cost plus job. That way Bubu makes money, I get my money finally, and you get your wells..soon to be sub-divided into post holes. It is a win-win for everyone!!

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby Bullie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:38 am

Todd Macko wrote:
Bullie wrote:Bubu, I really don't know how you got involved with a business deal between myself and Magshooter but ...

P.S. Had a fantastic time out there guys. Bullie, you were a great host and thanks for the hunt. The kids had a blast. Bryce is still talking about jiggs and that coon!

You are right Todd, this whole well issue is a very deep subject and people shouldn't just jump in without thinking.

I had a great time too. I wish I could have found a few more squirrels for Bryce to shoot or watch shot. LOL He was a trooper though. We make a decent sized round and he kept right up. Maybe next time we can get into some better squirrel woods.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby glenn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 am

I am looking into the possibility of purchasing one of those 1934 model wells from BigRic. My question for you experts is this. How many post holes can you get out of one well? I know it varies on the size since there will be some gate posts and such, but a normal size about 2 feet deep would work for me figuring out a resonable price to offer. I'll just charge more for the gate post holes to compensate.
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby jbullard1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:18 am

Glen my best quess would be probably 8 gate post holes and half a cotton wagon load of regular post holes assuming the well is as large and in as good a condition as the one Mag is buying
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bullie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 am

I am astounded! When Magshooter first approached me about buying some old wells I thought he might have been a bit "te-eched" in the head but I reckon it must be fairly common knowledge that old wells can be sub-divided into post holes.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby jbullard1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:26 am

I want to be there when he tries to figure out what to do with the "Half a Hole" that is usually left over
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bullie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am

Would work for a bird feeder or something like that. Magshooter ain't one to waste a lot of stuff.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby Todd Macko » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:52 am

jbullard1 wrote:I want to be there when he tries to figure out what to do with the "Half a Hole" that is usually left over

I want to be there when he tries to load that sucker up! :pop:
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby bubu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Todd Macko wrote:

Yea I forgot about that ol saying.......O WELL :D
Home of ChipnDells "Stroker"Ace
bubu
Spike

Postby jbullard1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 pm

bubu wrote:
Todd Macko wrote:

Yea I forgot about that ol saying.......O WELL :D

That's a deep subject
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby mag shooter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 pm

glenn wrote:I am looking into the possibility of purchasing one of those 1934 model wells from BigRic. My question for you experts is this. How many post holes can you get out of one well? I know it varies on the size since there will be some gate posts and such, but a normal size about 2 feet deep would work for me figuring out a resonable price to offer. I'll just charge more for the gate post holes to compensate.

Glenn , like you say it does somewhat depend on size but by cutting the holes on the bias you will find that ANY given well will yeild about 30 % more holes .
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:50 pm

jbullard1 wrote:I want to be there when he tries to figure out what to do with the "Half a Hole" that is usually left over

Sell those to doughnut shops .................
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Todd Macko wrote:
I want to be there when he tries to load that sucker up! :pop:

Finding a secure attachment point for the boom truck is the hardest part ..............
mag shooter
4 Point

PreviousNext

Return to Small Game & Varmits