• Advertisement

A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Re: A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Postby mag shooter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:08 pm

[quote="Bullie]

You are a genius! This does solve almost all of our issues. Leaving only one that I can think of and when it is resolved I think we can put this whole issue to rest. You remember way back when we started this transaction we agreed that the price would be paid in cash? I am sure you do. At any rate, we both know that I can not accept a check for the purchase. BUT, I think you have solved this problem without even trying. This is what I suggest. Make the check payable to your new business associate Bubu, you know..the fellow with all the suggestions and input, and he travel up to Missouri and cash said checks and then bring my money back to Mississippi. Now, I can see how this would be a bother to Magshooter's Redi-Made Post Holes Inc. so I suggest you make the checks out like it were a cost plus job. That way Bubu makes money, I get my money finally, and you get your wells..soon to be sub-divided into post holes. It is a win-win for everyone!![/quote]

I am not sure I recall the method of payment but I will take your word . However, this was before the well in question was determined to be a 1863 model . Surely you can understand that I MUST have documentation so as to prove no title is required . How would I explain it to the Fed. Ranger as he walked up while I was removing the well ? While Bubu is a trusted friend he is not a party to this deal and an FYI for you ........ RMPH Inc. does not to cost plus work , hard bid only .

It appears that once again we have reached an impasse on this ! Until such time as you are willing to make some concessions ............ the deal is back on HOLD .
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby jbullard1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 pm

My,My,My ^^^
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby glenn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:01 pm

To enlighten those of you that can't figure out what to do with the half holes left over I will help you out. Those you sell for planting flowers in. There are always flowers this time of year that need all sorts of sizes of holes. Sub-dividing a well is like buthcering a hog, there is a use to be found for the entire thing. Think of the piece of holes like the feet, ears, nose, tongue, and intestines. They are not the choice cuts, but not useless either.
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby saddaddykiller » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:37 pm

how deep is that well and why does magshooter want it and how do yall get it out of ground?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:53 am

saddaddykiller wrote:how deep is that well and why does magshooter want it and how do yall get it out of ground?

Are you seriously asking that? :rotflol: As far as the depth, that's easy. It goes all the way to the bottom. He wants it so he can sub-divide it and sell postholes and gate post holes from it. They are easy to get out of the ground with a good hole puller. He might however need a big truck to be able to haul it down the road. If the hole is wide enough he might even need to get a permit. :W:
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:26 am

I have an expandable hole puller arbor that Mag can borrow to pull it with but I don't have the skyhook for the top.
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 am

jbullard1 wrote:I have an expandable hole puller arbor that Mag can borrow to pull it with but I don't have the skyhook for the top.

It's pretty much useless then isn't it?
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:48 am

glenn wrote:
jbullard1 wrote:I have an expandable hole puller arbor that Mag can borrow to pull it with but I don't have the skyhook for the top.

I was hoping Mag knew where a skyhook is that he can borrow
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:16 am

jbullard1 wrote:
glenn wrote:

I was hoping Mag knew where a skyhook is that he can borrow

Good point. I have always seen them come in a set but I know there have to be people that need a skyhook and have no use for an expandable hole puller arbor. My apologies.
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:34 am

It appears the well in question is back up for sale. DUE TO THE AGE OF THIS WELL THERE IS NO SERIAL NUMBER AND THEREFORE NO TITLE. I will gladly provide a legal Bill of Sale.
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby Todd Macko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 am

Sky hooks? Hole Pullers? That's a bunch of nonsense! Rookies! :nono:

You get a hole out of the ground the same way you do oil! Replace the hole with anything heavier than hole so that all the hole floats to the surface. Dirt is plentiful and works well. Once you've forced it all to the top it can be collected for transportation.

Geez! Y'all trying to do things the hard way! :bash:
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Todd, I should have known you would jump into a serious conversation and say something totally off the wall like that. You are going to have people thinking we are being silly, or something. Please honor the integrity of this very thoughtful complicated endeavor. All your way would do is break it into mulitple useless pieces. It needs to come out in one piece so it can be precisely divided in a professional manner. Now, if by some chance you were being serious, thanks for the offer of help.
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby mag shooter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Man I appreciate the offer but I saw one of those arbors slip one....... dang near knocked the skyhook down . I may not be able to purchase Bullie's well anyway , I have found a good supply of old culverts that are not on Gov. land . While the yield per culvert will be less I think the quality of holes will be as good . Also Not having inspected the bottom of Bullie's well I have no way of knowing what might be down there ........ it would be quite the embarrassment to pull Mr. Hoffa out when I removed the well...............and then there would be the legal battles with Bullie should the Hope diamond be in the bottom
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby saddaddykiller » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:49 pm

glenn wrote:
saddaddykiller wrote:how deep is that well and why does magshooter want it and how do yall get it out of ground?

Are you seriously asking that? :rotflol: As far as the depth, that's easy. It goes all the way to the bottom. He wants it so he can sub-divide it and sell postholes and gate post holes from it. They are easy to get out of the ground with a good hole puller. He might however need a big truck to be able to haul it down the road. If the hole is wide enough he might even need to get a permit. :W:

i know what post holes and gate post holes are but how do u get them from a well??? if i knew more about old wells maybe i would understand..im not old like yall are
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:40 pm

mag shooter wrote:

Man I appreciate the offer but I saw one of those arbors slip one....... dang near knocked the skyhook down . I may not be able to purchase Bullie's well anyway , I have found a good supply of old culverts that are not on Gov. land . While the yield per culvert will be less I think the quality of holes will be as good . Also Not having inspected the bottom of Bullie's well I have no way of knowing what might be down there ........ it would be quite the embarrassment to pull Mr. Hoffa out when I removed the well...............and then there would be the legal battles with Bullie should the Hope diamond be in the bottom

Man, we are gonna be rich if the fellow that buys this well finds Hoffa or the Hope diamond in the bottom!!

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Us old folks just know how to save on labor and we recycle everything we can.
I even recycled an old light pole hole last year. moved it to my cabin and reused it
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Is that the one right in the front of your cabin jbullard? I noticed the hole looked slightly oblong. I figured it had been pulled and reused.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby bubu » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 pm

I figured out how to move it!!!! Take a 2x4 down there and saw it in half, 2 halfs make a hole, Then just pick the hole up and load it up in the truck! Dang ain't I a Genu...Guinis....jeanus...SMART MAN!!!
Home of ChipnDells "Stroker"Ace
bubu
Spike

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:48 pm

That's it and it only took a small trailer and 1 helper to move it.
I almost lost it though, this ground here is so soft It almost went out of sight before we caught and stabilized it
It took 9 bags of quickcrete
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:49 pm

9 bags? Whew. Still worth it though. Was it an antique hole? Those seem to be made better than the newer ones. I reckon it was the tools they used to dig em.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:50 pm

bubu wrote:I figured out how to move it!!!! Take a 2x4 down there and saw it in half, 2 halfs make a hole, Then just pick the hole up and load it up in the truck! Dang ain't I a Genu...Guinis....jeanus...SMART MAN!!!

Plans like one right there are gonna make you famous someday Bubu!!!

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Bullie wrote:9 bags? Whew. Still worth it though. Was it an antique hole? Those seem to be made better than the newer ones. I reckon it was the tools they used to dig em.

Actually the old owner said the hole was only 39 years old so I don't think that is an antique
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby Bullie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:55 pm

I guess not, but it still has got a lot of good years left in it. I reckon it will still be there when you and I are gone.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:57 pm

sure hope so I really don't want to have to replace it
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby saddaddykiller » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:43 pm

jbullard1 wrote:Us old folks just know how to save on labor and we recycle everything we can.
I even recycled an old light pole hole last year. moved it to my cabin and reused it

how do u recycle a hole???????????????????????
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

PreviousNext

Return to Small Game & Varmits