• Advertisement

A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Re: A Hunt Above Goes to Bully's

Postby mag shooter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm

bubu wrote:I figured out how to move it!!!! Take a 2x4 down there and saw it in half, 2 halfs make a hole, Then just pick the hole up and load it up in the truck! Dang ain't I a Genu...Guinis....jeanus...SMART MAN!!!

Beyond calculus ..............................

mag shooter
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:35 pm

saddaddykiller wrote:
jbullard1 wrote:Us old folks just know how to save on labor and we recycle everything we can.
I even recycled an old light pole hole last year. moved it to my cabin and reused it

how do u recycle a hole???????????????????????

It depend on the intended use , some need " boring out " others need shortening , and some require
taking all the way back to square and starting over .
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Bubu you made me start thinking. This might not be a very good investment because all of the holes would need to be sold for a dollar. You know, since everyone knows 4 quarters makes a whole.
Never mistake kindness for weakness!
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby saddaddykiller » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 pm

mag shooter wrote:
saddaddykiller wrote:
jbullard1 wrote:Us old folks just know how to save on labor and we recycle everything we can.
I even recycled an old light pole hole last year. moved it to my cabin and reused it

It depend on the intended use , some need " boring out " others need shortening , and some require

that aint waht i meant....what i meant was, how did jbullard move a hole to his cabin and reuse it?.... :W:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby Todd Macko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

saddaddykiller wrote:
mag shooter wrote:
saddaddykiller wrote:

that aint waht i meant....what i meant was, how did jbullard move a hole to his cabin and reuse it?.... :W:

You can pretty much use any container. Despite some of the nonsensical ramblings you've heard on this thread, everybody knows that a hole always conforms to the shape of the container it is held within.
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby glenn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 am

"nonsensical ramblings"? Sir, I will have you know there is nothing rambling about any of this. Just wait, one day you will be in need of a hole and won't be able to find one anywhere. Then you will wish you had taken this thread seriously.
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby jbullard1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 am

I was only moving a light post hole so I was able to use the expanding arbor hole puller and my tractor with the front loader.
As Bullie noted I did warp the hole some and had to ream and install a reducer collar bushing, that I got a little off center and made the hole look warped
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby saddaddykiller » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:21 pm

jbullard1 wrote:I was only moving a light post hole so I was able to use the expanding arbor hole puller and my tractor with the front loader.
As Bullie noted I did warp the hole some and had to ream and install a reducer collar bushing, that I got a little off center and made the hole look warped

how do u move a hole in the ground from one place to another?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby jbullard1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:29 pm

saddaddykiller wrote:
jbullard1 wrote:I was only moving a light post hole so I was able to use the expanding arbor hole puller and my tractor with the front loader.

See above posts.. Everything is fully explained!
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby saddaddykiller » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 pm

jbullard1 wrote:
saddaddykiller wrote:

See above posts.. Everything is fully explained!

no..nothing is explained...a hole cannot be removed from the ground...yall is lieing about it
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby mag shooter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Well since it can't be done .................

does anyone need a posthole saw ( model 6 made by Mall , 36 " bar , old saw but plenty of power and the bar will set either normal or horizontally ) ?
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby Bullie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 am

Magshooter wouldn't tell me either SDK. I guess it is easy enough to figure out how they remove the hole from the description of the tools, but the part I don't understand is how it is cut up and doesn't end up being square? You just don't often see square holes in use. Usually they are round. So, if you are cutting them with a saw, how do you keep the holes round? Seems like something you would have to do with a lathe.
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby glenn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 am

Seriously Bullie, you've never heard of a hole saw?
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:38 am

bubu wrote:I figured out how to move it!!!! Take a 2x4 down there and saw it in half, 2 halfs make a hole, Then just pick the hole up and load it up in the truck! Dang ain't I a Genu...Guinis....jeanus...SMART MAN!!!

:ylsuper:
gtk
Admin

Postby Bullie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 am

glenn wrote:Seriously Bullie, you've never heard of a hole saw?

Well sure I have heard of them. But, I have never seen a whole saw big enough to use for a post, much less a pole. And, what the heck is Mag talking about when he says his saw has a 36" bar? Wouldn't that mean a straight cut?
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby saddaddykiller » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:56 pm

mag shooter wrote:Well since it can't be done .................

does anyone need a posthole saw ( model 6 made by Mall , 36 " bar , old saw but plenty of power and the bar will set either normal or horizontally ) ?

thats a chainsaw used for cutting wood, not for cutting holes ...
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby jbullard1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 pm

The "Mall model 6" is the best saw to use when dividing up well's as large as the one in question. It's only drawback is it doesn't have a "Bow Bar/Chain " system on it allowing it to cut even and concentric post holes from a used well that has been pulled and moved to a new location.
But the left overs are quickly grabbed up by the local ladies and used to plant flowers and small shrubs
Team Genesis 2013-2014
jbullard1
Granpaw

Postby saddaddykiller » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm

jbullard1 wrote:The "Mall model 6" is the best saw to use when dividing up well's as large as the one in question. It's only drawback is it doesn't have a "Bow Bar/Chain " system on it allowing it to cut even and concentric post holes from a used well that has been pulled and moved to a new location.
But the left overs are quickly grabbed up by the local ladies and used to plant flowers and small shrubs

i think i understand now....yall cut holes from the well...lay em on the ground...fill with concrete...and then put post/gate post in concrete
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby mag shooter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:52 pm

saddaddykiller wrote:
mag shooter wrote:Well since it can't be done .................

thats a chainsaw used for cutting wood, not for cutting holes ...

You are 100% correct , it was used as chainsaw originally .
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Bullie wrote:Magshooter wouldn't tell me either SDK. I guess it is easy enough to figure out how they remove the hole from the description of the tools, but the part I don't understand is how it is cut up and doesn't end up being square? You just don't often see square holes in use. Usually they are round. So, if you are cutting them with a saw, how do you keep the holes round? Seems like something you would have to do with a lathe.

Look I am not about to tell all I know about the process on the internet . I will give you a hint to your question ............ lathe spins and cutter is stationary ............. remember the bar on the model 6 will turn horizontally ;)
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby mag shooter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Here is a little food for thought for any doubters ............ how many degrees in a circle ? how many degrees in a square ?
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby MACDADDY » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

GOOD TIMES !
ImageImageImage
MACDADDY
6 Point

Postby saddaddykiller » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:14 pm

mag shooter wrote:Here is a little food for thought for any doubters ............ how many degrees in a circle ? how many degrees in a square ?

u want the answer in celcius or fahrenheight degrees?
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby huntall » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Yall is crazy! :D
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Postby glenn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:44 pm

How many of you have seen what you thought to be a poorly sharpened chainsaw instead of cutting a straight line start curving one way or the other? Those particular saws are used to cut holes. By adjusting the angle and degree on each tooth from one side of the bar to the other you can make it cut whatever size hole you want. Well, it's pretty much 32" and larger, but an expert sharpener can get smaller ones. I can see that some of you are not nearly as well educated as I previously thought.
Aim small, miss small!
glenn
Pope&Young

PreviousNext

Return to Small Game & Varmits