• Advertisement

Only scrapes for me

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Only scrapes for me

Postby FC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Went to the storage room for a ice cream cone out of the freezer and this is all that's left of a squirrel that met it's demise by a cat I've been seeing hanging around. I'll shut the door more securely now cause I don't want to be cleaning up any cat scat ...

FC
Boone&Crockett

Re: Only scrapes for me

Postby gtk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:38 pm

yep.. i get sick & tired of walking out in my garage and seeing the remains of what the cat caught today.. Usually its just a small pile of guts left, that my wife usually runs over or the kids step in and quickly walk into the house... Sometimes its just a little bitty mouse head laying on the floor...

of course i'm glad they are catching them... knock on wood, we haven't had any mice in the house since we moved in almost 10 years ago..
gtk
Admin

Postby FC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:04 pm

You've given me the idea of getting a cat for the camp. It's riddled with mice and rats. We've been poisioning them but that gets really messy and smelly most of the time cause they end up dying inside ...

Cat has to be a real bad one considering all the stray dogs that show up constantly. I'm not real famaliar with cats since I've never owned one but I'm thinking a fully clawed Tom would do just fine !

Whatca think ...
FC
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:09 pm

i think i'd get a young one, spay or neuter that sucker real quick, and let it grow up at the cabin.. a full grown tom would probably "scent spray" everything around your cabin and it would stink worse than rotting mice/rat corpses :shock:
gtk
Admin

Postby FC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:50 pm

scent spray kinda like a skunk does huh ... naw don't need that for sure. Guess the females do it also since you say spay/neuter ... wish I could catch this thing around the house , befriend him/her and just take it with me when I go there for the season, I'd hate to leave the thing there all year round ... would be a pretty tough life I'd think.
FC
Boone&Crockett

Postby T-Man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 am

Souds like to me you have a cat problem. I don't have that problem around my house. The squirrel dogs don't let that happen. If there's srapes, it's cat scraps...LOL
T-Man
button buck

Postby meat hunter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm

If you plan on seeing any quail around your camp I would not get a cat. Quail have no natural defenses against a house cat.
meat hunter
8 Point

Postby FC » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:21 pm

I haven't seen the Cat since finding the remains, wondering if all those bones the idiot chewed up may have killed him/her. Haven't smelled anything dead within the vanicity of the house. Who knows what happens with crazy cats...
FC
Boone&Crockett

Postby meat hunter » Wed May 05, 2010 4:07 pm

FC wrote:Who knows what happens with crazy cats...

There's another kinda cat? All the ones we had seemed a mite touched. And not in a good way.
meat hunter
8 Point

Return to Small Game & Varmits