• Advertisement

Racoon's Beware!

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Racoon's Beware!

Postby FireCloud » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Season is now officially open for the ring tailed bandits who have been enjoying my mineral lick! :D

This one, who visited Monday night, is on my hit list to be bar-b-qued for the 4th!

- 034.jpg
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Racoon's Beware!

Postby quigleysharps4570 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Good luck. :thumbsup:
quigleysharps4570
Boone&Crockett

Postby LazyGhost » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm

It really pays to ask "What kinda meat is this?" when dining at Firecloud's. :roll:
LazyGhost
Pope&Young

Postby saddaddykiller » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:16 pm

firecloud...good to know that u eat everything you kill....thats how all hunters should be.........i stopped squirrel hunting because i donot like to eat them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:03 pm

saddaddykiller wrote:firecloud...good to know that u eat everything you kill....thats how all hunters should be.........i stopped squirrel hunting because i donot like to eat them.

God has blessed me with my 20 acres of land that is abundantly filled with game and which grows great veggies and fruits. I believe I have a stewardship duty to care for the land and the animals, respecting both. I only hunt game animals for food, not just for sport, taking only what I honestly need to eat. I do not wantonly kill a game animal that I don't intend to eat.

That said, I avidly enjoy eating nearly every type of game animal, although I only started killing the raccoons last year. So I am still acquiring a taste for that meat. It does grill pretty well however.

I do not however eat the nusiance animals I hunt and do my best to wipe out as many of them as possible. But I am willing to try a few like wild hog and maybe even the beaver. Think I will pass on the crows, fox, nutria, and skunks however!

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:06 pm

LazyGhost wrote:It really pays to ask "What kinda meat is this?" when dining at Firecloud's. :roll:

Don't ask, don't tell might work better! :D

FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Had a friend tell me that beaver was real stringy and greasy of course he also eat snake but he died a few years ago :stir:
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Small Game & Varmits