• Advertisement

Effective Natural Camo

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Effective Natural Camo

Postby FireCloud » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:05 am

After all the research regarding what camo patters work the best...digital patterns, break up, etc...I am still convinced nature gives the animals fantastic camo and none of them wear the patterns we buy in the stores. This photo taken about 20 yard away from the piebald squirrel shows how effectively animals can hide by simply freezing in unique positions relative to nearby multiple colored natural backgrounds.

- 017.jpg

This little guy is super sensitive to being seen, probably because he knows his extra white coat makes him stand out in the squirrel kingdom but I did manage to get one more decent photo of him today. He was intently watching me snap his picture and shortly thereafter he ran for cover.

- 018.jpg
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Effective Natural Camo

Postby FC » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 am

took me awhile but I finally made him out ... good example of nat camo
best I have ever seen was a pair of young doves under the hickory tree in my backyard where I used to bird feed. They were on the ground in the dried up leaves from prior year. I walked right past them, dog walked right past em twice. I noticed them when one moved.

I'm gonna try and go back to sleep if wifey has feel asleep ... she woke me up and kicked me outta bed said i was snoring too loud
FC
Boone&Crockett

Return to Small Game & Varmits