• Advertisement

Acorn Surveyors

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Acorn Surveyors

Postby FireCloud » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:29 pm

These two youngsters scamper along each limb of the large oak in my front yard taking a daily acorn survey to inventory how many nuts they have not yet eaten. This oak is heavily loaded with acorns and they have a big task to count them all, however they never fail to show up for work! Sometimes they bring a few of their brothers and sisters along to help out, but today just these two were on the job.

- 556.jpg

They are familiar enough with me taking their picture that they don't usually hide very well, but just retreat up the tree to a perch where they can readily watch what I am doing. This one is the ring leader of the clan and is the boldest one who often delays heading for the tree until I step outside the door.

- 555.jpg

This one is a lot more shy and immediately heads for cover when I open the door but is still curious enough to keep an eye on me.

- 542.jpg

They are both pigs with the acorns in my yard and should weigh about 5 pounds each by the opening day of squirrel season!
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Acorn Surveyors

Postby jv » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:17 am

Nice pictures
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Small Game & Varmits