• Advertisement

Learning To Trap

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

Learning To Trap

Postby FireCloud » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:31 pm

In preparation for the collapse of our society into chaos, as some say may happen one of these days, I have decided to try to develop some trapping skills. I know the best way to trap is to bait for the animal you are trying to catch, however baiting is illegal. But I reasoned that when society collapses, anarchy will prevail and government will cease to exist...so there probably won't be any Mr. Green Jeans to write game violation tickets for baiting.

So, I decided that if I am going to learn trapping skills, I may as well learn then the way they might be used in the days when there is no ammo available and trapping is essential for survival. Thus, I decided to break the trapping laws and set some baited traps even though trapping season is closed and baiting is illegal.

I am proud to say, that I succeeded in catching a small animal in one of my traps. I will admit, this is a useless animal and thus I had to discard him, however you have to start small and work your way up to learn the trapping game! Having gotten the thrill of the kill under my belt, I am now going to move on up to this critter's larger cousins. By the time trapping season gets here, I should be ready for trapping wild game, don't you think?

- 571.jpg
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Learning To Trap

Postby quigleysharps4570 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:12 am

Might check your regs because Kansas and about every other state around here allows lures and baits for trapping furbearers.
quigleysharps4570
Boone&Crockett

Re: Learning To Trap

Postby huntall » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Nice catch.
"TEAM 6"
huntall
Pope&Young

Return to Small Game & Varmits