• Advertisement

What's For Dinner? Squirrels - Yum! Yum!

Small Game & Varmit hunting Talk

What's For Dinner? Squirrels - Yum! Yum!

Postby FireCloud » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:04 pm

It's not deer meat, but tonight's slow fried squirrel smothered in gravy is mighty good! Some hot buttered home made biscuits also covered with squirrel gravy, some rice with still more gravy, (Did I mention gravy?) and some black eyed peas fresh from the garden completed my meal. Tonight's two squirrels with the other items costs about 25 cents per serving. It's hard to beat that.

- 066.jpg

If you don't eat squirrel you are missing some fine table fare! Smothered in gravy is probably my favorite way to fix squirrel but every way is ok. Shoot a few tree rats this year and cook a batch. I guarantee you will love the gravy!
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: What's For Dinner? Squirrels - Yum! Yum!

Postby FC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 pm

need some chow chow on them peas, other than that looks mighty good, btw

you ever cook any cornbread ?
FC
Boone&Crockett

Re: What's For Dinner? Squirrels - Yum! Yum!

Postby FireCloud » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

FC wrote:need some chow chow on them peas, other than that looks mighty good, btw

you ever cook any cornbread ?

Oh yeah, I eat cornbread here too! Usually I make a pan of cornbread when I am eating soups or stews. As with my biscuits, home made breads, cinnamon rolls, and other baked goods. I make my cornbread from scratch just like my grandma did. I just happen to like biscuits smothered in squirrel gravy so usually that is what I do.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Return to Small Game & Varmits