• Advertisement

I would like to Give a BIG THANKS to SMACKO!!!!

Information & Stories from the organization "A Hunt Above"

Moderator: Smacko

I would like to Give a BIG THANKS to SMACKO!!!!

Postby STILLHUNTER » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:13 am

Somebody like u man should be Greatly Appreciated!!!!!! All hands down to u man!!! :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :2TU:
STILLHUNTER
dudesittinginatree

Re: I would like to Give a BIG THANKS to SMACKO!!!!

Postby Bootlegger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:24 am

:2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :2TU: :ylsuper:
Bootlegger
6 Point

Postby gtk » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 am

It humbling to see these kids & what they are going thru! And I am SO appreciative to God that I have two healthy kids..
gtk
Admin

Postby dustygoodson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 am

yes i would like to give a big thanks to smacko and other like him to help out kids in needs to get back in the outdoors
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby msbanker32 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:24 am

gtk wrote:It humbling to see these kids & what they are going thru! And I am SO appreciative to God that I have two healthy kids..

AMEN TO THAT! I thank God everyday for it and I pray that they stay healthy. I had it on 105.9 this morning and heard parents talk about having 6 and 7 years olds that are healthy one day and sick the next. Scary scary
msbanker32
4 Point

Postby jaystew » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:43 am

Hats off, need more of you in this world!!!!! :!:
jaystew
10 Point

Postby jalbrsn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:23 pm

:2TU: :ylsuper:
jalbrsn
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:34 pm

WE need to say more often how important what you do is, and how special it makes you that you do it.
:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby Smacko » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 pm

We at "A Hunt Above" give God all the Glory....
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:26 am

I have posted on Pond Boss to see if we can get Smacko a little help and I will bring it up in a organization that I am a member. I am also working on myself on how much I can pass on. This is a tough time for most of us as there is no end to the ones needing help but we must reason this out and proceed. I have had two weeks of giving needed help and I have two on the burner now. This is what makes it interesting, no complaints from me. You can count on my help. I saw on tv where there was a fishing derby for youngsters and they got all the help plus. So I believe we together can raise some funds for Smacko. If we all just give a little we should be able to reach a satisfactory mark. Everything that is accomplished such as what Smacko is doing will cost more money than is thought. It is a lot like building a house the cost is more even if we hold everything down. I believe in what he is doing and even though I am heavily involved with other programs I will help. I hope this makes sense and does not appear to be dribble.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Smacko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:08 am

deaner wrote:I have posted on Pond Boss to see if we can get Smacko a little help and I will bring it up in a organization that I am a member. I am also working on myself on how much I can pass on. This is a tough time for most of us as there is no end to the ones needing help but we must reason this out and proceed. I have had two weeks of giving needed help and I have two on the burner now. This is what makes it interesting, no complaints from me. You can count on my help. I saw on tv where there was a fishing derby for youngsters and they got all the help plus. So I believe we together can raise some funds for Smacko. If we all just give a little we should be able to reach a satisfactory mark. Everything that is accomplished such as what Smacko is doing will cost more money than is thought. It is a lot like building a house the cost is more even if we hold everything down. I believe in what he is doing and even though I am heavily involved with other programs I will help. I hope this makes sense and does not appear to be dribble.

Thanks
Mike Macko
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:54 am

If we could get our members to post on other forums we could possibly help Smacko get more financial assistance. I have posted once more on Pond Boss and I received one answer. The Pond Boss people know me and realize I do get involved in helping others and they give me a shot in the arm as needed.The organization that I am a member in is involved with helping families in need but I still need to do my part in spreading the help to others. I am not requesting help just trying to help Macko. May he receive a little sunshine (financial help).
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Honey Bee » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:12 pm

God bless you Smacko
Image Have a Blessed Day
Honey Bee
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 am

Smacko I have an answer from Pond Boss--ewest who has been a very good friend in the past to me and is much appreciated in his knowledge. I will send this to your residence for evaluation if I find your email.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:02 am

Mike I am working on a fund raiser and I think it was October. I will let you know as soon as the organization that I am a member approves. We would take out only expenses and the rest would go THE HUNT ABOVE. I need to decide if it would be a show for lack of words at the Stone County fair grounds or a bake sale and---at Walmart. I can only use one of my preplanned dates as I must raise money for local needy situations. I used over $250 for a familys light bill as they were in dire need but it sure used my money supply. We will be at Piggly Wiggly this Friday evening and Saturday until about 2 P>M> to collect food for the needy and we get donations at this time also. The food also goes to a childrens home and it is needed there also. The food has cut very far back and we do not get very much at this time.
Perhaps when we make a decision as far as the date and I get approval some of the forum people may wish to make that a date for helping Mike in his program. I always need help because my organization people even though they have good hearts do not come out to help. The more people we get out for a fund raiser the better we do. Walmarts are very strict on letting us stand infront of their store and we try to do it correctly. If it is held at the fair grounds more people to help would be great. We have had antique car show , dunking booth and spaces in the building rented for selling items. We have already started advertisement but we can change very easily. But I will need help as I am over 75 years old. What are your thoughts. I do need suggestions and let me know if you are willing to come to Wiggins
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Todd Macko » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:22 am

He's a pretty awesome brother and a great dad as well guys. He's raised some remarkable kids!

Now if I could only get him to quit calling at 5:30 in the morning to see if I'm up yet!
Todd Macko
10 Point

Postby Smacko » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 pm

If you went to the fairground how many people would you need?

I have lots of friends on this forum and others that would love to help... :W: :W:
Mike Macko
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 am

The date we are working for is October 17th at the Stone County Fair Grounds. We will be in need of workers and vendors, if anyone wants to rent a booth and display or sell their items it is appreciated. A booth will rent for $30.00 inside and $20.00 outside. It is difficult to put a number on the help, we could use around a dozen extra people as some of our members all ill and some have to work. We will have 33 spaces for booths inside plus several outside areas, a jail, a dunking booth, and an antique car show. We talked with the man in charge of the car show last night. He reported he had spoken with the president of a car club on the coast and could have about 100 cars come up. We will also have entertainment inside, country and gospel music plus karaoki. That should pull some people in. We had our first event like this last March, of course it rained all day and being the first time we just broke even. We are starting our advertisements for vendors a lot earlier this time and adding the entertainment so it could be a really big event. Mike, we will send you some flyers with more information.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:06 am

Mike we are on for the fund raiser for A HUNT ABOVE. Everyone voted to give up the fund riser for our organization so we could help you in a special fund raiser. Now all of you should realize we have money going out faster than we can raise it for our helping others. As I told our members we will make it as our money will come and they had no doubts. I will send Mike a flyer as we have started passing them out. We can add something if you feel it is needed. October 17 at 9 am to 4 pm , Stone county fair grounds at Wiggins. Mike said he could provide some people and we really need help. As of now I will need to give up my afternoon nap and that is a big deal----just kidding. I am open to new ideas.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Smacko » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:49 am

Thank you..I will get some people committed...
May God Bless,
Mike Macko
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 am

As Mike stated it makes a person feel good to help others. If we can get a lot of people behind us the fund raiser should move along in a postive manner. We have a meeting this next Tuesday and we will talk some more on how we are proceeding. This is NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS group and they are really going at this very good so we should have a good benefit. This is also our first meeting since forming this group and they are good people.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:07 am

Mike we are in need of 10 larger banners similar to coca cola or by another company. These banners are 3 ' X 6' and are flexible. I do not have a contact with coca cola so they are not willing to help. By asking here maybe someone has a good contact and can be helpful. We want to place a banner on all roads leading to Wiggins ,fairground road and at the gate . If someone can help me get the banners or if they would get the banners --any way to obtain these banners. Remember it is all about children. We also do not have any food vendors at this time. If you know of someone wanting a booth they should call for reservation otherwise they will be outside.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am

I do not post just to see my name and if I could post without my name being on the post it would be great. Anyone that deals with terminally ill children is on a roller coaster in their life.It has so many ups and downs that the person working with these children if their life is not touched by my Lord they can not do the job in a satisfactory manner. We all have the obligation if we are serving our Lord to lift up the ones that come in direct contact in this case with the children. I could not do what Mike is doing but I can help Mike in many ways. One is a kind word every now and then and a offer to help in any way that we can. To do this service a person will be using their own money off and on as this is the way the game is played. So naturally the family will feel what Mike in this case, is doing. In down times of the economy it becomes very tough to raise funds. To state a case that I am very close on is I am involved with collecting food once a month in front of Piggly Wiggly, the giving of food to us is down beyond what you would ever think. This past month we saw the need to buy extra food to give to a childrens home. You may say I do not understand, we are getting so little of food that the church food bank we also help we just do not get enough food at this time. The church food band is very important also as those without funds are not turned away so we try to do our part. To close I would say that Mikes brother is helping to lift him up and it is very good and important. Do not expect Mike to say I need help , moral support or what ever we must learn to provide this as it is needed.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:55 am

Mike, everything is progressing very well. We are planning on having children games also. We had 3 families volunteer to handle this side. Two of the fathers are on the big boned side and I feel these games will have lots of activities. We passed out over 150 fliers yesterday to Carnes auto show and Joppa kids identification --auto show and much more. Today a friend will pass out fliers at the Hattiesburg gun show. We are pushing hard to get things moving. The one thing we are lacking in is the vinyl signs and we may buy the vinyl material and finish the signs ourselves. We will need to do all the lettering anyway. We must progress faster in this area and we are trying. The problem is contacting the individual for already made signs. We are contacting anyone that the names are passed to us. Some are saying if we do not have enough booth renters they will contact their booth renters. In other words they are making sure that "A HUNT ABOVE" fund raiser gets off on the right foot and is successful. Any more suggestions?
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Honey Bee » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 am

This old world could sure use alot more Smacko's
Image Have a Blessed Day
Honey Bee
Pope&Young

Next

Return to A Hunt Above