• Advertisement

I would like to Give a BIG THANKS to SMACKO!!!!

Information & Stories from the organization "A Hunt Above"

Moderator: Smacko

Re: I would like to Give a BIG THANKS to SMACKO!!!!

Postby deaner » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 am

I know that I probably over post on this childrens needing help. The way I justify is I do not get any financial benefit so I am able to push Mike and get him recognized and attempt to help the children he is working with. One thing is certain he needs us----the name of the game is money so he can reach out to these children. I am doing something similar but it is for grown ups that need help. I am able to raise enough money for my group so I wish to help Mike with his children. We need to have a way that people can donate $5 or $10 dollars or even $1 to Mikes program. Some people think that it takes hugh amount of money, it does but the first step is a lower amount of money that we donate then we work ourselves into helping with larger donations. If we could mail a smaller amount and get a friend to do the same you can make a difference. I talked to the group that I am a member of and asked them to make "make a wish" the organization that we will support. I can say right now that what we can support will not know we are doing anything as we do not have the funds at present. If we wait to donate until we have our bank account at a safe level we will not donate. I speak for myself and how I think. Our LORD will bless us and we will feel much better if we help a child. You ask how do I know this---because I feel better than in the past. Reach out to Mike in small amounts if necessary do not ask that he recognize you with a letter or what ever as it will eat up your donation. Let him know often that you support what he is doing and send along a little cash. He is in the area that it is easy to get down and feel low as he can not do what he feels he should be able to do. Send a letter , telephone him or touch him in some manner. Children need our support, if they are in need lets you and me reach out. Mike needs our cash support , this we are able to do. thanks
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Ordered banner material about two days ago and today the coca cola service man in the wiggins area ssaid he could get me some banners. He said we would have them tomorrow. We were getting nervous as we want to get signs on the major highways quickly. We want to have as good of an advertising program as possible. Once we get the banners we will need to put all the information on them which takes time.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:58 am

The banner material it turned out had to be purchased as nothing was working out with coca cola or the other soft drink companies. We were trying to hold down expenses and it was backfiring on our advertisement program. We have everything we need to make the banners and we only lack two banners. We should finish them this weekend. When I say we , it is Mitzi making these signs. We have a meeting coming up this Tuesday and we will become more involved with details of the fun d raiser for Mike concerning " A HUNT ABOVE" . We will be working on food venders and that area as we were pushing the car show. It looks like the one assigned to the car show --James Smith has that part down pat. We have several calls for the vendor booths. I am reserving a booth for Mike. When we stop and realize the purpose of this event we do not mind the work and head aches. The small details are just over whelming but they must be handles properly. As always if you have a suggestion or wish to ask about anything --do so. We just want this to be a sucess.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 am

Mike , we are still working on "A HUNT ABOVE" fund raiser. I make notes here as to what is happening on our end so all of you are aware. The V F W has requsted to do the opening ceremony as they need funds to do their work. We are over joyed to have them. I am asking the various scout groups to step forward with their leaders and be recognized. It goes without saying this covers cubs on up to the full scouts and boys and girls. There will be other groups as I am not up on scouting . We may even have some church youth groups, this is a good time for them to step forward.Mike all my people have signed up to work for you on October 17. We ordered games for the youth yesterday and I will check this evening on where we are at on sign installation. My people are like all groups on personal funds so tonight I will make it clear as to where the money is coming from. By having the groups with children attend the opening ceremony it will fall in to them seeing what we have and desiring to play the games. With the V F W it will bring in adults to view and participate in the ceremony. We are so happy to see the direction this is going.
How many of you have signed up or informed Mike you are available? It would be nize if you picked up your telephone and ask Mike if you can help. Once we complete our day we need to clean up the trash and put up everything inside the building. Mitch Smith is working on the music and the vendors have asked that it be not very loud. I can see we are going to have fun. Brenda--Eds friend is going to help and she may sing. Ed and Brenda have been a blessing to our organization. Sign up to help and PRAY for Ed and Shane. thanks
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:52 am

Well Smacko this is for you , you work hard and I just hope we can raise some funds for you. The money side for you is a real burden and we appreciate your help. Folks, appreciation is just not enough. When Smacko is reaching out to get the terminally ill children and he knows money is going to be a serious problem, so he is really in a tough spot from the word go. Even if we all gave he would probably fall short so the only way I see out of this is fund raisers. If there are big stores in your immediate area that have sufficient traffic submit a computer letter with the proper heading and ask for permission to stand in front of their store and ask for donations. The Walmart store desire that you have a bake or craft sale along with the fund raiser. You would need to state the date and time. It is worth the effort if you get a little agressive. If you put your heart into doing this you should exceed 500 dollars each time . We generally will go 700 ti 1000. This is at our Walmart which has heavy traffic. At a smaller store we get 400 to 600. Maybe this will give some of you the ideas you need. We would be glad to work with you if you feel it is needed, the first time is very hard then it gets much easier. I always talk about the kids and their needs to push the giving. It becomes fun to see what you can do to raise money for a worthy cause. Have fun and enjoy life but always do for others and you will get more out of your life. We are very busy but we love the LORD and CHILDREN. Almost everyone falls into the catagory of loving children , please step out and let it be known, workers for children is in heavy demand.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:20 am

We are a lot like Mike , we try to help the less fortunate. This week we decided to remove some of our food from the freezers and we did not desire to throw it away. We are working on 3 families and I believe we will add one more family and maybe another for a total of 2 families more. These families are not in heavy need but they really appreciate what is given to them. The feeling that we have when we help others is very nice. We have a Christain (sp) lady that fits the above description very well. Her needs are heavy as many family people had to come to her in their time of need and they moved in with her. If you have the oportunity please help at least one family and keep your eyes open to help others as it is a real joy. I am not a heavy religious person but I do believe in Jesus. We are preparing to have Christmas baskets and our present group I think will come to life soon. I am waiting for them to produce a list of names. We have a member and his lady that have voluntered to take on this project and deliver the baskets. This in it self is a really big change. I do not mean to brag--this is not my reason for posting. If we could get this going in different areas we could help many people and also many families. There are so many families in need that it is easy to get a group and start helping others. I have a means of raising money that makes it so we do not have to ask members for money. We started this group about in May if I am correct and we have the money to do our work. If you desire to start your own group I will try to work it in so we can help If help is needed. I know it is easier to set back and do nothing but try the other way and see if you too are not happier.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Previous

Return to A Hunt Above