• Advertisement

A HUNT ABOVE

Information & Stories from the organization "A Hunt Above"

Moderator: Smacko

A HUNT ABOVE

Postby deaner » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 am

I am getting off of the other thread or what ever it is called so I do not take over and ruin Mikes idea on the fund raiser. My idea is to push A HUNT ABOVE so this is why I keep posting our progress. If it was really up to me and I did not care about Mikes project I would p;robably talk on fishing. Yesterday we went to Gulfport to pick up many size stencils so Mitz could work on the signs. We are pushing this and it is difficult when the neighbors dog keeps us up most of the night. But excuses so we could do nothing will not really help the cause---children. We do give it almost everything we have so we can move on to another phase in the fund raiser. NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS will meet next week on Tuesday and we will sign up the members so we are sure they will work at the fund raiser. They are like most of us if we can find a reason we will move on and not participate. We had many that said they would be at the ice cream social and they did not show up. One older lady become confused on what day of the week we were presently on. No that was not me. We are kicking around a ticket raffle for something and it could be money? My problem is I should not expand on this fund raiser as we need these prime people in other areas. I feel this could raise big money so my mind continues on the ticket sale. I believe we will need more ladies on the kids games and one of the ladies wants to expand this area. It is tough to know which way to go as help is scarce. We will get everything lined out and move ahead and I am open to suggestions as well as help. Think about children , their needs and pray I do everything to HIS approval.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Re: A HUNT ABOVE

Postby deaner » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:08 am

We are planning this fund raiser as well as we are able and we will listen to you. I am a novice but I have a little experience. I am also a good listner. I want as many of you people as possible to see Mike and offer your time on October 17. To be a success we need you and without you it will not be as good as it should. We need to place you at every event along with our people. We will wecome ladies to work along with our ladies and such on children games , selling tickets and such. Please plan now for this day so nothing else will stop you from this event. We want this to be a success for the children. "A HUNT ABOVE" is worth the effort. You may say they do not need me or they will not miss me, but for a good fund raiser WE NEED YOU.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:40 am

We have not fogotten about "A HUNT ABOVE" fund raiser that we have coming off at the fair grounds in Wiggins on October 17. Our Octoberfest will include, arts, crafts, vendors, jail, dunking booth, car show, kids activities, Halloween costume contest for two age groups, 0-6 and 7-14, music, karaoke and a raffle for a $200. gift card from Wal-Mart plus other gifts. We have lost three of our helpers for the Octoberfest, Todd, Candy and Shane Webb. I am sure you have read the posts on the boating accident that involved Shane Webb and his brother Chris. Our Neighbors Helping Neighbors have been especially busy right now. September 19th, we will sit at Piggly Wiggly and collect food for the Deanash Children's Home and the Word Alive Food Bank, September 26th, we will have a craft/bake sale at Wal-Mart. We use the money we make at this fund raiser to help those in need around Wiggins area. October 2nd, we will have our benefit for the Webb Family at the Westside Community Center, 45 Magnolia Rd, Perkinston MS, October 10th, we will be back at Piggly Wiggly collecting food again. We do this on a monthly basis as our Community Service project. October 17th, brings us to the Octoberfest mentioned above. We are counting on some of the representatives from A HUNT ABOVE to help with the man power as our group is small and we have several that are older or not healthy.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:51 am

It appears Deaner has taken over this"A HUNT ABOVE" but when we get done Mike will have lots to be thankful for and he will be happy. Folks this is all about helping Mikes children , referring to what he is accomplishing in terminally ill childrens wishes. If I can place enough articles on Mike and what he is doing I will be successful. I really do not care to see my name as I will go behind the sceen soon and allow others to do good. Something of value such as this is well worth the effort. Lets please look at Mike and what he is doing so we have the emphasis in the proper area. We continue to sign up people for this special event "A HUNT ABOVE".
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby Smacko » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:41 am

Deaner..I will have some folks with me for extra help. I will give you a number of how many as soon as I can confirm all...

Thanks for heading this up....
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby deaner » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:28 am

Mike thanks for the good word and it is a pleasure to work with you and your organization. We had everyone sign a page that they would be there and at the meeting 2 days ago 2 people said they could not be there. I am going to hit up more interested people to try and build up the helpers. My people still say we with your group help will pull this fund raiser off and make it successful. Thanks for your effort and we will telephone soon.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:16 pm

It is always good to hear from the people on this forum. One reson is you people are down to earth and do not try to run people down. It is getting closer to Mikes day at the Stone County Fair Grounds October 17. Mike gives a lot of his time for the terminally ill children and I respect him for his effort. If we can raise some money for him we will of been successful. It takes a special person to do what Mike is doing , keep up the good work and the date is getting close. We have checked with our people to make sure there is no problems. WE ARE SETTING ON GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:31 am

Everyone that can should be at the Wiggins Fair Grounds Saturday about 8 am. We have been working hard and we met Monday evening with the VFW so they could organize their opening ceremony. We are going to ask for all veterans or active armed forces to come up front for recognition. I have not talked to the vfw about this but I see no problems. The ticket is to get these people there proper recognition. This is a big shot in the arm for this fund raiser along with recognizing the Scouts. We are preeparing hard for a good fund raiser. We have almost 25 booths rented which includes the exterior booths.Renting of the booths and misc. things will increase the money for "A HUNT ABOVE". We plan on "A HUNT ABOVE" having a booth and I encourage any of these people if they are veterans to come forward at the request and be recognized, we are proud of our veterans and active armed forces personnel. The weather appears to be going to be good. Parking will be snug and we need to park the ones inside so they do not get in the way of booths. We are looking for a fun day and we should raise some money in this fund raiser. Come out and enjoy your self.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:05 am

I really enjoy the pictures of the young people along with their trophy. Keep up the good work Mike.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby deaner » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:58 am

We have a meeting coming up Tuesday of NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS, we have copied pictures of Mikes children and the hunting trips of "A HUNT ABOVE". We like to keep this in front of them so it will be discussed more. They back Mike and I want them to support Mike in his work a little more. I salute Mike and his helpers in his endeavorment (sp). They to know this is a big job and a heavy undertaking. Mike keep up the good work.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Return to A Hunt Above