• Advertisement

Forum Stuff...

Forum News & Info, Introductions, Links, etc..

Forum Stuff...

Postby gtk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:53 am

Just wanted to make sure you all were aware of some newer things available on this website since the upgrade..

Pictures
You can upload pictures in two different places. If the picture is a pic of a deer killed in MS, put it in the photo album. Just click, the "Deer Photos" link. If its any other picture (as long as its clean) put it under the "Members Images" , link under Main Menu.. Trailcam pics can go either place...

Shoutbox
I think most everone has figured this out.

Blog
Not many people do "blogs", but its there and available if you want it.. I use mine as a hunting "Journal".. The blog also has a personal gallery available, but you can only use those pics in your blog.

Downloads
Just what it says.. If you need to share something, like the file chagbragg did, just submit it to the downloads..

News
If you see an interesting tidbit of outdoor related news, submit it to the News Link.

Topsite
A place you can submit/vote on your own website, or any website..

Reviews
Write a quick review of your favorite product & put it here ..
gtk
Admin

Re: Forum Stuff...

Postby danielw » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 pm

GTK, when will you put that deer movement shareware in "downloads"? :W:
danielw
10 Point

Postby gtk » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:31 am

If I could find a way to let people install it easily, I'd be happy to share it :)

To use it you have to have a computer running:

1)web server
2) jp-graph installed
3) php
4) MySql (or comparable dataase)
gtk
Admin

Postby gtk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 am

Just wanted to "bump" this for the newer people..

If you have some news/information you would like to share with everyone, you can submit that information by clicking on the "News" link on the left menu, then click on "add news".. That will open up a page that you just "type" the info that you want.. Its sort of like a "word document" editor.. it will show up on the Front page of the website until it gets "bumped" off..

If you have some outdoor related product that you just love, or maybe even sell, you can submit that to the "Reviews" section..

It will not show up until I approve it however... That keeps the "jokesters" from pulling fast ones on me.. :)
gtk
Admin

Postby merrillcd_mem » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:36 am

don't foget recent addition of Chat room
merrillcd_mem
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:06 pm

when you reply to a topic there are several buttons at the top of the reply. Some have asked what all the buttons do ... There is a little link at the left under "options" that explain what all the codes do..

the URL button... By putting the "[url]" "[/url]" tags around a url in your post, when a user clicks that url it will open it in a new window/tab.. If you do not put the tags around the url, it opens in the same window.

The YouTube button.... What it does is allows you to post a youtube video directly in your post. All you have to do is copy the youtube id and put it between the "[Youtube]" and "[/Youtube]"

Take for example this youtube video ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Zf8VBehh8

If you wanted to put the actual video in your post, you simply copy the id of the video (which is always after the v=) and it would look like so.... "[Youtube]"Z7Zf8VBehh8"[/Youtube]" (without the quotes)

gtk
Admin

Return to News and Information