• Advertisement

showdeo

Forum News & Info, Introductions, Links, etc..

showdeo

Postby deaner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:19 am

Remember this next Saturday will be the SHOWDEO at the Poplarville arena. All proceeds will go to the Ronnie Cooley family. Ron is in the last stages of cancer. His medical bills have already surpassed $1.7 million. There will be a rodeo featuring bull riding, barrel racing, sheep riding, and buddy pickup. A concert will follow the rodeo starring Nashville Recording Artist, Trey Jwell. The Poplarville Arena is located on Highway 26 just after you pass the stop sign at Route 11. It is on the left side of the Highway. The starting time is 7:00 p.m. and admission is $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children 12 and under. For more information, you may call Codey Kirkland or Paul Kirkland at 601-794-7742 or 601-569-1637.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Re: showdeo

Postby deaner » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:48 am

Here it is Thursday and we have until Saturday to get warm enough to be at the gates. When I mention gates I am referring to be at the ticket gates. They have enough riders which I am thankful . Our job is to fill in as needed to help the organization run smoothly. We had the main people out for dinner so they could give us guidance on what we should be doing Saturday. The people that are putting on this event are very nice and congenial. When they found out they had some more riders they had to go out and round up some more bulls. Now I am not spreading the bull, this should be a good event and as always we hope to help in raising some good amount of money for the Cooleys. Our organization "NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS" always enjoys helping those less fortunate. I have tried to get over a cold but it keeps returning and if it is rainy and bad the cold will probaby return once more. This will be an evening of fun so if you can get free please come on out. The people that are running this rodeo are experienced and they are doing all this for zero amount of money. They are well connected and to get the recording artist is just great. They know Dolley Parton and when they are in Tennessee on a Sunday they go to church together. I am referring to this to let you know that someone has the connection to get this all together. I will just be a small fish in the pond as I do not know anyone that is of the talent that is needed. Pray for all of us that this event will help the Cooleys.
deaner
Gone but not Forgotten

Return to News and Information