• Advertisement

Sponsors

Forum News & Info, Introductions, Links, etc..

Sponsors

Postby gtk » Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm sure you have noticed, but McGee Farm Equipment is "testing" a spot out on my website. Their website is a little slow to load, but once it loads it seems fine. If your looking for tractor/lawn stuff, please check them out :)

Also, RifleMag has been a sponsor on here for a while now. You can visit their site from the link under "Sponsors "
gtk
Admin

Re: Sponsors

Postby gtk » Wed May 12, 2010 1:24 pm

gtk wrote:I'm sure you have noticed, but McGee Farm Equipment is "testing" a spot out on my website. Their website is a little slow to load, but once it loads it seems fine. If your looking for tractor/lawn stuff, please check them out :)

Also, RifleMag has been a sponsor on here for a while now. You can visit their site from the link under "Sponsors "

And always remember "Southern Outdoor Products" for scent/video ...

k.. I'm done now :thumbsup:
gtk
Admin

Postby FireCloud » Wed May 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Its slow to load because it is loading four different banners and the code needed to make them transition in sequence. May I respectfully suggest this advertiser consider doing two things:

A) Drop one of the two sets of photos from the banner ad, extend the size of the banner just a little, and put their contact info in the same spot in each banner.

B) Convert each banner to a single, static ad that does not constantly "flash" a different ad at the viewer every few seconds.

This would do a couple of good things, such as:

(1) Reducing the slow loading time that annoys the users of the site. If you had several such banner ads all slow loading your site would really drag. Research shows new visitors who arrive at a website have an extremely short patience span of only a few seconds before they will leave. What usually causes them to leave is a slow loading site filled with objectionable ads (or lack of attention getting content.)

(2) Prevent annoying distraction of flashing something at your regular users over and over. NO ONE wants to see something flashing in their face repeatedly. It becomes highly annoying very quickly. Many users of this site are on here daily or even several times per day and would be exposed to this flashing message hundreds of times per month. That is a bit of overkill and more likely to create annimosity toward the offending ad rather than good will for the sponsor.

It is very easily possible to have the website code for this banner ad to "pull" a different one of the four static ads at random each time the users first loads the page (or reloads it.) Thus, for no more money or space useage, the viewer will see a variety of messages that rotate per visit rather than several times per minute.

No matter how appealing a commercial message is, if the same exact thing is repeated over and over instead of offering some variety, it tends to be tuned out by the viewer. When a different message loads each visit, viewers always tend to look at the ad more simply because it is different from what they saw the time before. So, four static ads rotated per visit would be more effective than the same four ads constantly flashed in rotation during each visit.

The only possible exception would be for those visitors that happen to come to your website once and only once. For those visitors, "throwing the book" at them on the first visit makes sense. I don't see the MSDeer site as being one that attracts hordes of new visitors daily however.

In a previous time, I had a sideline computer consulting business where I did some occasional website designs. So this is just my take from what I learned. (No charge for the free advice! :D )
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby LazyGhost » Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 pm

I dont have any experience with this sorta thing, but I like the idea of the random load option Firecloud suggested.
LazyGhost
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Thu May 13, 2010 5:25 am

Firecloud, i was talking about their "website" being a little slow to load... Not the banner on the forum here ;)
gtk
Admin

Return to News and Information