• Advertisement

First Day of Autumn !

Forum News & Info, Introductions, Links, etc..

First Day of Autumn !

Postby FC » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:20 am

It’s that time of year again for those residing in the Northern Hemisphere. The time of year when temperatures begin dipping, leaves begin falling, days get shorter, and people begin preparing for the cold of winter. Tomorrow, the 22nd of September marks the first day of fall.

Even though most calenders mark the first day of fall as September 23rd, the actual autumnal equinox will take place at approximately 11:09 AM EST tomorrow, the 22nd. Even though Fall is occurring everywhere in the Northern hemisphere, it of course depends on where you live whether or not you notice much difference. Areas like Florida, and the Western US will not notice as much change as northern areas such as Canada, Alaska, and Scandinavia.

For many people, Fall means nicer weather, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and spending time with family. Happy Fall Everyone!
FC
Boone&Crockett

Re: First Day of Autumn !

Postby reesguide » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:48 am

Thanks for the post FC!! Awesome time of year!!!!
"Team Tenth Legion"

RIP my freind, this seasons for you!!
reesguide
Boone&Crockett

Postby jv » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks for the post...this is a great time of the year
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby buckcrazy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:06 am

sure dont feel like autumn!
"There's a fine line between hunting and sittting there looking stupid"- Unknown

"If vegetarians love animals so much why do they keep eating all their food"- Unknown
buckcrazy
Boone&Crockett

Postby Smacko » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am

buckcrazy wrote:sure dont feel like autumn!

+1 :bash: :livid:
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby TiteGrpR » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:18 pm

I need to "feel the chill". I will never take for granted (as a hunter), normal seasonal temperatures....or rainfall. Ever again.
#----------Kill It -N- Grill It---->
TEAM TENTH LEGION
TiteGrpR
4 Point

Postby LazyGhost » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:11 pm

TiteGrpR wrote:I need to "feel the chill". I will never take for granted (as a hunter), normal seasonal temperatures....or rainfall. Ever again.

Aint that the truth!
LazyGhost
Pope&Young

Postby FC » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:13 pm

this far south you've got to learn to adapt. As long as the mosquitos leave you alone, hunt!
FC
Boone&Crockett

Postby FireCloud » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 pm

When complaining about the heat, you have to keep in mind that yesterday was the last day of summer. Summer, especially in Mississippi, gets H O T!! So it stands to reason just one day after the end of the hottest season of the year we would not logically have bitter cold temps. In fact, unless summer faded very early which it rarely does in our state, it SHOULD be hot right now! Over the next 90 days as fall progresses toward the first day of winter, it should cool off. But when the first day of winter arrives, it too may not be as bone chilling cold as it might get after winter really sets in a couple months later. First days of any season change don't mean much and certainly don't foretell what the entire season will be like.

In my location here in Jackson, the average first freeze does not even occur until November 8 to 12, so there is simply no reason for it to be cold yet. Last year there were many October bow hunts I went on when I sweated in my tree stand like crazy. But by the time winter arrived, I was freezing while hunting in the snow some days.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Return to News and Information