Page 1 of 1

Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:24 pm
by gtk
Is this legal in QSMA practice/principles ?

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:42 pm
by hungryhuntergirl
Most definitely!!

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 pm
by mag shooter
There's no tellin what the self proclaimed head hauncho of QSMA will say . I will tell you that if I were to shoot squirrels out of that thing , the only way I would call it sporting is to use a 22 pistol .

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 pm
by jbullard1
Just what exactly is QSMA??
Just answer please

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:27 pm
by gtk
Quality Squirrel Management Association :)

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm
by mt
jbullard1 wrote:Just what exactly is QSMA??
Just answer please




Where's Bullie when you need him? :D

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:42 pm
by jbullard1
So there is an association to manage the varmints that eat my pecans :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:47 pm
by gtk
Yes, and I believe the members are very passionate about it :lol:

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:54 pm
by jbullard1
no shortage of the game around here
And yes I can imagine they fight for what they like :)

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 pm
by Bullie
mag shooter wrote:There's no tellin what the self proclaimed head hauncho of QSMA will say . I will tell you that if I were to shoot squirrels out of that thing , the only way I would call it sporting is to use a 22 pistol .



You can't hit one sitting still in a tree with a .22 pistol. Why in the world do you think you could hit one flying through the air with one? :?:

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 pm
by Bullie
jbullard1 wrote:Just what exactly is QSMA??
Just answer please


The QSMA (Quality Squirrel Management Association) is a group of like minded individuals that promote the management and harvest of only truly trophy size, mature, buck type squirrels. We have a scoring system in place (B&S Squirrel Scoring System) to give recognition to truly large specimens. I just happen to be the Current World Record Holder with a monsterous squirrel scoring 1.96 B&S points. We strive to make the average squirrel hunter understand that; friends don't matter, family doesn't matter, fellowship with others doesn't matter,....the only thing that matters is the B&S score.

One of the best things about killing a B&Ser is that when folks know what you have done, they stop and listen to everything you say because they realize that you must be smarter than them since you have killed a really large squirrel and they have not. Basically folks realize that you are the superior hunter, and probably better at everything else too, because you have killed the right squirrel.

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:10 pm
by RSB
Bullie wrote:
jbullard1 wrote:Just what exactly is QSMA??
Just answer please


The QSMA (Quality Squirrel Management Association) is a group of like minded individuals that promote the management and harvest of only truly trophy size, mature, buck type squirrels. We have a scoring system in place (B&S Squirrel Scoring System) to give recognition to truly large specimens. I just happen to be the Current World Record Holder with a monsterous squirrel scoring 1.96 B&S points. We strive to make the average squirrel hunter understand that; friends don't matter, family doesn't matter, fellowship with others doesn't matter,....the only thing that matters is the B&S score.

One of the best things about killing a B&Ser is that when folks know what you have done, they stop and listen to everything you say because they realize that you must be smarter than them since you have killed a really large squirrel and they have not. Basically folks realize that you are the superior hunter, and probably better at everything else too, because you have killed the right squirrel.


:ylsuper:

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 pm
by quigleysharps4570
Bullie wrote:the only thing that matters is the B&S score.


In years past I've shot some that had nads as big as a brahma bull...that count for anything?

Re: Legal Hunting Methods

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm
by Bullie
Yes! It is very important to the QSMA that all exceedingly bowlegged squirrels be removed from the gene pool as soon as possible.