• Advertisement

New Idea for the QSMA

Quality Squirrel Management Association

Moderator: Bullie

Forum rules
1. The QSMA President has the right to EDIT/DELETE anything in this forum as he sees fit.

2. Any disagreements in this forum will first be addressed by his royal highness, the QSMA President.

3. In the event a dispute can not/ will not be addressed by the QSMA President, an outside arbitrator (gtk) will offer his opinion.

4. This is a PRO-QSMA forum.

New Idea for the QSMA

Postby Bullie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:54 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an idea I have been tossing around for the last couple of days. I think it can help the QSMA improve squirrel hunting for our current and future generations.

I want to get opinions from those of you I respect.

Banding! Thats right, capturing and banding of squirrels in various WMAs and National Forests and even privately held lands. I am thinking of having bands with demominations from $5 to $1000. Most likely the higher demominations would be on private land in the delta and maybe on the larger, more exclusive, private clubs located across the state and daresay...around the country. The lower sums would appear on public land like WMAs and US COE land.

You know how duck hunters get when they kill a duck with a band right, they take pictures of the ducks and even start wearing the bands on strings around their own necks. They go out of their minds. Well, squirrel hunters would do that too.

Plus, now get this, squirrels have 4 legs!!!! I can put a band on each one of them. Duck hunters really freak out when ducks have 2 bands, imagine what a squirrel hunter would do with 4 pieces of BLING on one animal.

I can generate all sorts of statistical jibberish from the information card hunters harvesting the banded squirrels will have to fill out when they send in my money.... I mean the QSMA's money. So, what I am thinking is that one squirrel could generate alot of income if it was, say a 4 bander on private land. Maybe thousands!!

What do y'all think? Ideas?
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Re: New Idea for the QSMA

Postby FireCloud » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Bullie wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to get opinions from those of you I respect.

What do y'all think? Ideas?

I'm sure you were referring to me when you asked for opinions, right?

I do, of course, have an opinion and as always am happy to provide it to everyone, whether they want it or not.

My thought is that more money could be earned for the QSMA if we banded the Sasquatch Scaredy Cat. Say a $5,000 band on each leg. It would add a whole new level of excitement to the hunt to watch the Scaredy Cat trying to escape from the dogs and hunters. :D
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby mikybigbuck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 pm

I'd definitely get a 4 banded squirrel mounted...you know, boost the economy...for the taxidermist, that is

:D :D :D
Looking for Mr Big
mikybigbuck
Non-Typical

Postby gtk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:06 am

could pique interest in the QSMA !
gtk
Admin

Return to QSMA