• Advertisement

Well?

Stick & String.. No Cams .. Talk traditional archery

Well?

Postby junker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:50 am

Have any of my fellow traditional archers arrowed one yet?

Its been slow on this board; so, i'm guessing no....but i'm sure we would all enjoy some stories from this season.

Anyone gotten a shot on one?

anyone missed one?

I dropped a tender little doe a couple of weeks ago with my recurve. I broke out my longbow now; but i definitely need to shoot it some more before getting in a stand with it.
Lost Nation Archery: Supplying fathers of triplets since 4/3/2009. Thanks Larry and Janice
http://www.lostnationarchery.com/
junker
Spike

Re: Well?

Postby FireCloud » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:27 pm

I post a lot of my hunting stories on here all the time and posted a story you might enjoy on Oct. 20. See the thread a page or so back entitled "Deer 1: Firecloud 0."

As you might guess, the deer got the last laugh on that day! I have been shooting the same one piece Bear Kodiak Magnum for 43 seasons now, since I bought it before the 1968 season. I genuinely enjoy traditional archery despite the huge challenges it presents.

Friday should be my lucky day however as I arrowed one last year on Oct. 29 and hope to get a repeat this year.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby junker » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 am

Good luck to ya. I can't hunt again til sunday afternoon. I gotta watch the triplets while the wife works a charity bake sale
Lost Nation Archery: Supplying fathers of triplets since 4/3/2009. Thanks Larry and Janice
junker
Spike

Postby Stringwacker » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 am

I was lucky enough to take a doe a couple of weeks or so back. Posted the picture in the archery forum.

I mmmmissed last weekend so I'm ready to go back and redeem myself!
Stringwacker
Spike

Postby LadyHunter » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:08 pm

junker wrote:Good luck to ya. I can't hunt again til sunday afternoon. I gotta watch the triplets while the wife works a charity bake sale

Are those precious babies yours?? Boys or girls? so sweet
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby junker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:57 am

ladyhunter

yep...those are my babies. 2 boys and a girl. they're 19 mos. old miracle babie. they were 15 weeks early (3.5mos) 2lbs a piece at birth. and the doctors said we would be lucky to take any of them home with us. we spent almost 7 months in the hospital last year. My wife was on bedrest for 3 months and they were in the NICU for 4 months. They are perfectly healthy and reaking havoc on my house.

1st pic. Lucas Holden aka

2nd pic. William Mandolini (aka Mando....we used my first name "william" and the last name "mandolini" of a friend that passed away with his parents permission)

3rd pic. HoldenCambelle Sophia aka Cambelle
junker
Spike

Return to Traditional Archery