• Advertisement

Hypathetical question..

2011-2012 Msdeer Contest. Strictly for Fun and bragging rights only.

Rules subject to change.

Hypathetical question..

Postby RoadRanger » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Ok so just for conversation sake... IF someone were to kill a deer that lets say didnt meet state regs due to it being under wight, cull buck, smaller rack than is allowed or perhaps because he has not got to go ALL season and the freezer is completly empty and paying 200 bucks to finally get a chance to go :W: .. Would this illegal deer void a submission into the contest?
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Re: Hypathetical question..

Postby terry08 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Won't count and don't post it. Someone may be knocking on your door. A lot of us have been and still have nothing to show for it. You got started just at the right time. I hope. Warm weather back again.
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Postby RoadRanger » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:53 pm

I didnt say I did killed anything exactly. But the rules for the game didnt say state regs are enforced or at least I didnt see in when I skimmed through them
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:07 pm

There is no "weight limit" rule. You can post small deer or large deer as the state has no size regulations at all. So that is covered.

If the buck is a cull, I'd post it and state that. There are management situations where a cull buck is a legal deer to take. Someone could complain about it for the contest, but that would a decision for the judges to make.

If the rack is a little smaller than state regulations allow, keep in mind that no one can "tape measure" a buck live on the hoof and be completely accurate before pulling the trigger. When you look through glasses or binoculars that magnify, as I do, or into a scope that magnifies also it may make a rack appear to be legal but when you ground check the deer, it may come up a little short. It happens to everyone now and then. If it happens, then it happens. Honest hunters cannot always make perfect decisions. If you killed it, I'd post it. Questions that might arise can be settled later.

In all of the above, nothing is going to bring the buck back to life. If you take the animal, for whatever reason, then by all means put the meat in the freezer and enjoy the venison.

If you want to get some venison for your freezer, you can come hunt my land and take a deer without paying a cent. I've seen seven in the food plot on various afternoons over the past eight days. Obviously, one of those seven is now headed for my freezer but there are more left. My hunting partner saw six under his stand once morning about two weeks ago. Anything shot on my land by Sam or other guest hunters this year is split 50-50 for the meat but since I have 2 1/4 deer already on hand, I'll only take a single rear hind quarter from this point forward.

We ordinarily hunt Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday to keep pressure minimal, but there has been so little hunting in the past couple of weeks, if you need to hunt a different day, that would be ok. Would love to have you hunt here any time! Just let me know if you want to hunt here.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby Smacko » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 am

gtk wrote:THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

2011/2012 Deer Contest (Whitetail, Mule Deer, Black Tail, and Coues deer are all accepted for contest entry) No elk, stag, fallow or other exotics allowed.)

However, if legal in your state to shoot, BIGFOOT or Chupracabras, taken by legal methods and pictures posted, will get you an additional 50 points

14) If the state you kill the deer in requires tags, tag must be attached to the deer when the picture is taken and a pic of the tag submitted.

15) No roadkills are accepted. Deer must be taken with an approved weapon during the respective section of the season for that weapon. Also all game laws must be followed in State in which animal was harvested.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper:
Mike Macko
Team Perfect Ten Champions 2012-2013
Team Ironwood 2013-2014
Team The Rack Smackers 2014-2015
Team Backstrap Brotherhood Champions 2015-2016
Smacko
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Hypothetically I'd just put it in the freezer and not mention it :D
gtk
Admin

Postby jv » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 am

Shoot it right between the horns and bust the skull and you can't tell what the true spread is. :W:
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Return to Deer Contest 2011-2012