• Advertisement

Another Reason for not going back to Arkabutla....

Fishing Reports from your Favorite Lake

Another Reason for not going back to Arkabutla....

Postby bwm » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:57 am

bwm
Admin

Postby msbanker32 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:06 pm

I read that! I almost made a boo boo on Sunday morning too! I put in at Hurricane down at Sardis becasue I am pretty familiar with the river channel. Well, Im hauling down the river and all of a sudden there is mud flying everywhere! I had gotten 3 ft out of the channel onto a flat that had exactly 2 inches of water on it :shock: I mean you could not tell the difference between 8 ft an 2 inches!!! I had to get out and pull the boat about 3 feet, which doesn't sound like much but the mud sucks the bottom of the boat with each pull. It took me about 10 minutes to get the 3 feet :shock: and I was plum wore out! My boat is 16 ft with a 25 hp and I am glad I packed light!!! It took everything I had to get that boat moved and I ain't no little fellow :roll: I can only imagine how much more difficult that silt is down at Arkabutla! That place ain't the place to be running a boat motor wide open unless you no the lake very well.
msbanker32
4 Point

Postby bwm » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:53 am

msbanker32,

you need to ask Lurch about riding 4-wheelers down at Arkabutla when we were younger. GTK can add more, I'm sure. We got a couple stuck out in the lakebed and big Lurch was picking up on one and didn't realize that the more he picked up, he was going down. He was about thigh deep in mud and the panic set in. That lake-bed had a suction on that big boy that wouldn't let go. We ended up gathering some pretty big logs and laying them across the mud for him to leverage himself out. Not a pretty site.
bwm
Admin

Postby gtk » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:47 am

Yeah, what was bad was that, instead of offering help, everyone was just laughing at him :lol:
gtk
Admin

Postby msbanker32 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:37 pm

i imagine if he could get some hard ground under his feet, he would not have much trouble picking up about any 4 wheeler! :)
msbanker32
4 Point

Return to Fishing