• Advertisement

TIME TO START GRILLING

Fishing Reports from your Favorite Lake

TIME TO START GRILLING

Postby terry08 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 pm

I put four or five bass in the pound, a couple years ago. Not sure of the sex. But have always released what I caught, I know for a fact that I caught the ones I put in the pound. Last year, I caught a couple yearlings, and new they had spawned.
Today, every cast I made produced a fish. Large to small, think it's time to start eating a few.
Didn't start taking pictures until catching five prior to these.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
HUNTING IS NOT A SPORT, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Be Carefull of The Words You Say. Just Keep Them Soft, And Sweet. You never Know From Day To Day, Which Ones You'll Have To Eat.
terry08
Pope&Young

Re: TIME TO START GRILLING

Postby RoadRanger » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Ummm is that one bass almost the exact size of your crank bait?? What kinda attitude do you have to have to see a "critter" almost as big as yourself and think.... I can totally eat that
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:38 am

Yea, it might be time to start cooling a few
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:30 am

definitely time to keep some/eat some. bass will get out of control QUICK if you don't keep them thinned.. the biologist who reviewed our lake said the worst thing people can do to a lake is "not" fish it and keep some fish.
gtk
Admin

Postby triple_duece » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:24 am

gtk wrote:definitely time to keep some/eat some. bass will get out of control QUICK if you don't keep them thinned.. the biologist who reviewed our lake said the worst thing people can do to a lake is "not" fish it and keep some fish.

I agree. From the looks of the fish where the head dwarfs the body, I have been told that there is too many fish in the pond. I would start with keeping the knuckleheads. All that you catch. May look into stocking bait after your bass numbers are reduced. I am no biologist but read up on it and watched a few shows that educated on pond ecology.
triple_duece
10 Point

Postby dustygoodson » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:27 pm

nice bass
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Return to Fishing