• Advertisement

Fishing Contest Ideas Needed

Fishing Reports from your Favorite Lake

Fishing Contest Ideas Needed

Postby nubbs » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:42 pm

We need some input on how to do a fishing contest. I've got some ideas but need help. Would like to come up with something before the season get's into full swing. :D
Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Re: Fishing Contest Ideas Needed

Postby lugnut » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:59 am

go ahead and tell us what you got. maybe it will give me some ideas
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby Mercboy175 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:08 pm

Kinda hard to do. One way of coarse is to have a tourney at a public lake. That makes for a hard time sometimes on account of meeting everybody's schedule. Could have a deal where everybody goes to fish where they want one day. Have a meeting early one morning at a good breakfast place ;) , layout the rules, go fish, and meet up again later that day for the results. Of coarse the "honor" rule will apply. Weights and pics I guess for the proof. :?: The thing about fishing is unless its a big bass contest, its hard not to do a one day tourney on a public lake where everybody is in attendance. A big bass contest could be spread over a certain amount of time I guess with a pic of the fish on the scales for proof, again the honor rule is in play. Only thing about that, I will be honest, I am fortunate to get to fish places that have big fish and are commonly caught at these private places and others do not have this opportunity. Kinda not a "level"playing field so to say. All in all, a one day tourney on public waters is the easiest I think. There again, the level playing field issue could arrise. Where would it be? A lot of folks would not like to go to say Sardis or somewhere like that because of boats and such. Sardis on a windy day in my rig is fine for me but will not work for some with a smaller boat. Enough ramblin by me, everyone on here seems to grown up boys and I'm sure we could all agree on some kinda format to suit everybody. We better hurry though, bass season is here! Oh yeah, I'm going to Lake Fork, TX in March, can I count one of those hawgs if we have a big fish contest? :lol: :lol: J/k :P Alright, there's my two cents worth, actually more like twenty dollars worth, what ya'll think? 8)
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Postby lugnut » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 pm

what about if we were to just keep a running tally of the biggest fish posted on the board and see who can keep their fish up the longest before a bigger one is caught??

i know i can't make it to mississippi until easter and when i'm out there then it will be to visit my mom and dad
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:41 pm

I really don't have any good ideas.. You may be able to get a few folks together for a fishing day, but it will be next to impossible to get more than a handful all on the same weekend.. :P

The only thing I can think of , is have a biggest/most category.. The biggest all summer, and the most in one day maybe.. Photo's sufficing for proof ..

1. Bream
2. Bass
3. Crappie
4. Catfish
gtk
Admin

Postby lugnut » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:40 pm

what about if we work together to see how many lbs of fish msdeer.net can catch this fishing season??

post pics and weights and we just keep adding to it??
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Postby nubbs » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:52 am

gtk wrote:I really don't have any good ideas.. You may be able to get a few folks together for a fishing day, but it will be next to impossible to get more than a handful all on the same weekend.. :P

The only thing I can think of , is have a biggest/most category.. The biggest all summer, and the most in one day maybe.. Photo's sufficing for proof ..

1. Bream
2. Bass
3. Crappie
4. Catfish

I agree with you GTK that's probably the best way to do it with the biggest/most contest :lol:
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Postby Mercboy175 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:39 am

gtk wrote:I really don't have any good ideas.. You may be able to get a few folks together for a fishing day, but it will be next to impossible to get more than a handful all on the same weekend.. :P

1. Bream
2. Bass
3. Crappie
4. Catfish

Sounds good to me, when we startin? :lol:
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Postby nubbs » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Mercboy175 wrote:

1. Bream
2. Bass
3. Crappie
4. Catfish

Sounds good to me, when we startin? :lol:

I think we should start 2 weeks ago :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
-John Wayne
nubbs
8 Point

Return to Fishing