• Advertisement

BAY SPRINGS OR PICKWICK

Fishing Reports from your Favorite Lake

BAY SPRINGS OR PICKWICK

Postby rjenkins1981 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:44 pm

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING GOOD FROM EITHER?

I SAW THE MDWFP.COM LAKE REPORTS BUT THEY ARE THE SAME WEEK AFTER WEEK IT SEEMS.
rjenkins1981
6 Point

Re: BAY SPRINGS OR PICKWICK

Postby Mercboy175 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Pickwick ought to be good for a jerkbait bite right now in 2 to 6 ft of water. I would use a suspending jerkbait. I like Smithwick Rogues best or Lucky Craft's. As the weather warms a bit, spinnerbait bite should be good too. Prolly throw a white or white and chartruse 3/8 oz with willow leaf blades. Also rattlebaits like a rattletrap or Xcalibur XR-50 should be good. Colors usually dont matter much to me since they are a reaction type bait but I do kinda prefer a red this time of year or the usual chrome and black or chrome and blue should work.I had some luck at Pickwick a few weeks ago with jerkbaits. Ambient temp was around 60 and water surface temp was around 45 I think if I remember right. Might be a lil warmer by now which in my mind would be better.As far as Bay Springs, a bud of mine had a tourney there last weekend and it wasn't good. Of coarse weather was a factor. Jerkbaits fished about like I said at Pickwick have done good for me this time of year there.. Hope this helps ya some, these are the things I would try if I was to go right now. Good luck, let us know how ya do if get over there soon.
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Postby mikybigbuck » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:43 pm

i've always found bay springs to be better earlier for bass.. find a creek channel on the west side, and fish it back...medium crankbaits, jigs, and worms/lizards always produced... when i used to tournament fish, it was amazing how many people "made the run" from pickwick in late winter, and vice versa from bay springs in april/ may..i would hate to imagine buying that 50 gallons, today...
Looking for Mr Big
mikybigbuck
Non-Typical

Postby rjenkins1981 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 am

THANKS GUYS I APPRECIATE ALL THE INFO. I WILL PROB HEAD UP THERE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.
rjenkins1981
6 Point

Return to Fishing