• Advertisement

A few pics from lake Fork

Fishing Reports from your Favorite Lake

A few pics from lake Fork

Postby Mercboy175 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:26 am

I only took a few. Caught a 6.5 and several between 4 and 5 with a couple over 5 in there. No sense in taking pictures of 3 lb'ers so I only took a few pics. Weather was ok but very windy. Sun only came out for Friday and thats when we caught most of our fish. A little rain to deal with with Saturday but only for a few hours. All in all a real nice time. Sure is different fishing there than it is around here but I like trying new things. Already lookin forward to the next trip.
4.3 lbs
6.5 lbs
5 lbs
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Re: A few pics from lake Fork

Postby gtk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:34 am

Glad ya'll had a good time...

What was so different about the fishing ? Was it the structure or just the methods they use ?
gtk
Admin

Postby Mercboy175 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:17 pm

gtk wrote:What was so different about the fishing ? Was it the structure or just the methods they use ?
There were stumps everywhere. You had to run in marked boat lanes everywhere you went. If you didn't, you better be idleing. This lake was built by flooding the Sabine river and all the trees were left as they stood. A lot of them are broke off just under the surface so it looked like open water for miles that was prolly 40ft deep but it had 39 ft trees everywhere. :shock: fish dont suspend there like here. They might move back out of shallow water but they dont seem to move far. So much cover and stuff it was kinda hard to find fish but once you found em, you had a chance to catch a biggun.
Venture 180 Tournament Pro
Slightly modified 175 Merc
http://www.bassracer.com
Mercboy175
Spike

Postby mhn » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Sounds like ya'll had a lot better weather that we did, glad it didn't mess up your fishin. Some nice fish in there!
mhn
8 Point

Postby lugnut » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:52 pm

i would love to go fishing at the fork. i bet i could loose a lot of lures in all those stumps :D

congrats on all the nice fish :ylsuper:
lugnut
Boone&Crockett

Return to Fishing