• Advertisement

Basic Bread Recipe

This forum is for recipes submitted by our forum members that are good enough to share with everyone. No discussions in this forum, just recipes.

Moderator: terry08

• Advertisement

Basic Bread Recipe

Postby jbullard1 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 pm

This recipe is VERY sweet and makes real good cinnamon raisin bread
It is very easy to change the sugar content and make most any bread you like just cut the sugar down to 2 tblsp

This is the recipe I use for most of my breads I just cut the sugar or add more sugar for cinnamon bread

Basic Recipe is
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast 2 packs of flieshmans yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour

This is high sugar high sugar recipe is super good warm with real butter

Basic Instructions
Directions

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam. DO NOT use HOT water
2.Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
Then Mix in flour one cup at a time.
Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3.Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.

These are the options I have tried: with the 2 tblsp sugar recipe

A. 2 tblspn dehydrated onion and 1 tblspn dehydrated garlic rehydrated and added in the dough during mixing

B. 1 tblspn Caraway seed with no onion or garlic this has very nice Nice Caraway essence

C. 1 tblspn Caraway seed, 2 tblspn dehydrated onion, 1 tblspn dehydrated garlic This bread had a kicking flavor

D. Substitute 3 cups whole wheat flour for 3 cups white flour for a semi healthy bread and mix and match any of the above options

Just bought Rye flour so I have not tried the rye recipe yet

This is a very simple bread to make and fresh out of the oven or day old is fantastic

Just remember to cut the sugar to what, you want use BREAD flour and Yeast
If you roll this into golfball size pieces and let it rise it makes a nice dinner roll just cut the baking time to 20 minutes

Friends and family will be amazed at your baking skills
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Return to Recipes