• Advertisement

Alcoholic Eggnog

This forum is for recipes submitted by our forum members that are good enough to share with everyone. No discussions in this forum, just recipes.

Moderator: terry08

• Advertisement

Alcoholic Eggnog

Postby jbullard1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:30 am

Ingredients
6 eggs
2 extra egg yolks
4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 cup bourbon

Directions
Start by whisking the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a large pan until well-blended. Keep on whisking while you slowly pour in the milk until it is completely mixed-in. Next, set the pan on your stove's burner and turn it to the lowest possible setting. Continuously whisk ingredients for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture reaches 160°F and will coat the underside of a spoon.
Do not let this scorch, stir constantly over very low heat.

Next, remove the mixture from heat and strain it into a large-sized bowl, making sure to get out any pieces of cooked egg. Now stir in the bourbon, vanilla, and nutmeg, and transfer your mixture to a covered dish. Refrigerate the mix for at least 8 hours before proceeding.

Finally, when you're ready to serve your eggnog, grab the heavy cream and whip it well. Now just fold in the chilled mix, pour, serve and enjoy!

I have never tried this without the alcohol but I'm reasonably sure it will be very good without it

Its been almost a year since I made this and I didn't realize just how good it tastes
A sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon on top :2TU:
Team 5 Co-Champion with Team 1 2014-2015
Team Genesis 2013-2014
Team Rack Blaster 2012-2013
Resident Geezer and Granpaw
jbullard1
Granpaw

Return to Recipes